Ask
    emrodriguez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2011, 09:32 AM
    Who sings that 70's song "Woman"?
    Who sings that 70'2 song "Woman"?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 09:40 AM

John Lennon had a song by that name in 1980.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_(John_Lennon_song)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    emrodriguez does not find this helpful : Not the right person. This was a Rock Ballad. Woman can't you hear it? Don't you know, don't you know my heart is talking...
    Well THAT was pretty freaking rude... particularly since YOU didn't give more info in your post...

And a not helpful is insulting.

We don't read minds... YOU might be able to... but we can't.

Using the Comments Feature - Official Guidelines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Comments feature has undergone changes under the new "skin" (This site has different Interfaces, called skins, which changes the way members see the site and some features are different). So I'm revising theses guidelines accordingly (10/10/10). I propose the following guidelines for using the Comments feature.

First, comments and ratings have been separated in the new skin. Ratings are governed by Thumbs Up/ Thumbs Down icons next to an "is this helpful" question, marked Yes and No in the new skin. Older skins will see a Comments on this Post box with Agree/Disagree radio buttons. Most of what follows applies primarily to those.

Positive comments should be given under the following circumstances:
    1) From the asker as a thank you
    2) From other members to ratify the factual correctness of an answer
    3) From other members to agree with the opinions expressed

Negative comments should be given under the following circumstances:
    1) From another member when an answer is FACTUALLY wrong
    2) From the asker if the advice turned out to be incorrect

Negative comments should NOT be given when:
    1) there is a difference of opinion not of fact
    2) when a response has been added to the thread disagreeing with the opinion
    3) when a responder asks for clarification or more information (note: often questions do not contain enough info to answer so clarification is asked for--Answers should not be rated until the course of the assistance is complete)

These are the guidelines I follow when I use the comments feature. Opinions anyone?

The new skin also has the ability to simply add a comment to a post without a rating. These comments should NOT be used to provide or ask for followup information. This is because a) the space provided for comments is limited and b) the comments are not time stamped. The original poster (OP) should use the comments for thanks yous or the like. Other posters should use the comments for a quick comment on the quality of the advice. Otherwise the Answer options should be used to provide additional information or ask a followup question.

Scott<>

Note: The operators of this site have agreed with and approved the guidelines so they are now official.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 24, 2011, 10:55 AM

I Google searched the lyrics you posted in your "unhelpful" review of smoothy's post.

Here is the result: Woman

Your original question asks for a song from the 70's titled "woman"... that's all the info you gave us. If you had given the lyrics in the first place, smoothy would have undoubtedly been able to assist you better.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 02:50 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    No comment
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 02:51 PM
    Comment on southamerica's post
    He should have said it was a song that sucked
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2011, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    he should of said it was a song that sucked
    If you are going to comment of whether you like the songs that people are searching for you're going to be a busy man/woman.
    Expert

Mar 24, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    A busy man/woman..? Is that a slam? If it is I'll find out.
    Anyway I have not been so inclined to do so in the past , and do not foresee the future as being any different.
    Nothing paranormal about this , just an inclination .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song with these lyrics a woman knows how to please herself [ 2 Answers ]

I got this song stuck in my head I just don't know the name of it nor who sings it. The lyrics are "a woman knows how to please herself a woman knows a woman's body better than anyone else" it's a blues song and a lady sings it

Who sings the song blowing me up that also sings press rewind [ 1 Answers ]

It goes I'm at the club and she keeps blowing me up I'm at the hall and she keeps blowing me up

Techno song... something like ''Burn all my fire.. '' a woman sings it... help [ 0 Answers ]

Techno song... burn all my fire, help

New R&B song on radio (woman) -- what's the title/who sings it?! [ 3 Answers ]

I've only heard it twice in the last two weeks, and I listen to the radio most of the time. I don't know who it is! I always catch the end of it -- it sounds ilke Mary J. Blige, but I don't think it is (although I'm not sure!). The chorus goes, "I've been too strong for too long, now I can't be...

View more questions Search