Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tclemrob0826 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 03:39 PM
    How do I clean out water lines in mobile home?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 07:08 PM

Why, are they plugged? Normally you would have to replace any plugged piping and fittings. WHat type of water lines do you have?
    rojo1 Posts: 59, Reputation: 6

Mar 15, 2011, 09:06 AM
    If you simply want to drain the lines, shut off main supply, usually the hose bib outside is the lowest point
    Open it and open all faucets,showers, washing mach hookups,etc. also turn off water heater and use a short hose to drain it outside. Mobile homes use a polyethelene or plastic piping system. It has special fittings
    And connectors,(push to connect) as far as cleaning the lines, unless you have a plugged line, normal
    Use should keep system flowing. Do you have any chemical buildup in the system that needs to be flushed?
    tclemrob0826 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 09:11 AM
    Well. The trailer has been sitting unattended for a year. We just purchased a brand new 40 gallon electric water heater and installed it perfectly. But. We have no water pressure coming in through the kitchen, which is on the opposite end of the water heater. We do however have pressure through the bathroom sink which is directly next to the water heater, but none through the shower head. We were thinking either the pipes were frozen, or clogged, because they are copper pipes, which don't corrode unlike galvanized metal pipes.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 09:44 AM

Are you saying both the hot and the cold pressure is bad? If you had frozen copper pipes they would have burst and there would be leaks. Do you have good pressure to the bathroom sink and toilet?
    raymongeer1980 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 07:26 AM
    I have a 2000 redman mobile home I have low pressure in the front bathroom toilet its ran off a community park well pump all the other lines are fine they run a pvc or some plastic style line I need help on how to flush it without blowing the lines
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 08:08 AM
    Low pressure actually is more likely low volume to the toilet. Low voume can easily be caused by junk in the supply line getting caught in the shut off valve or the flush valve. Shut off the main and then remove the shut off valve under the toilet. Get a bucket ready to catch the water and have some one else turn the main on and then off after a brief moment. Does debris blow out and the volume get better?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 23, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Bob gave you a solution. Let us know if it works for you. Good luck, T%om
    outonalimb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2014, 03:25 PM
    I do this at least every 6 months in my trailer, which has really hard water, and no place to install a water softener. I did buy a large filter finally.

Turn off the supply lines to whatever sink, bathtub, or toilet isn't running. Unscrew them. Bang hard on the brass shut-off valves with a large wrench, taking care to hit only the brass and not the plastic parts. Open the valve and squirt them into a bucket. Repeat until all the lime or whatever comes out and the water flows well. It may take an hour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I live in a mobile home.can't hook up my water lines to my shower ,leaking now [ 0 Answers ]

Can't stop water lines from leaking from from taps in stand up shower in mobile home

CLR to clean out hot water supply lines [ 6 Answers ]

I have very poor hot water pressure in bathroom shower, but good everywhere else in the house. If I drain the hot water pipes and remove the shower handle and cartridge to access the pipes, can I pour CLR or a homemade vinegar solution into the pipes to clear any mineral buildup? I've already tried...

Smelly water in new mobile home and new water well [ 7 Answers ]

Why after three days did my water start smelling? They put a chlorinator on the well to get a sample that was clean. The smell is sickening and the water coming from the cold tap is very warm. You don't need hot water to take a shower the cold is so warm. HELP!

Mobile home line for water hose [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a line for a water hose on my mobile home. Need instructions.

View more questions Search