Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mveee83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 08:46 AM
    What Is Ring Main Unit & Its Role In Electric Power Distribution
    I have seen Ring Main Units in various single line diagrams of electric substations.
    Can you help me in understanding the role and types of RMU and its essentiality in power distribution.
    Also I have seen in single line diagrams OLU and HFU units shown with RMU. What is this?
    Can you please refer to me a site where I can find detail about it?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Do a Google search for "Ring Main" and you will find several sites that will explain the Ring Main system popular in Britain homes.

Do a Google search for "Ring Main Power Distribution" and you will find sites that explain how it is used in substations.
    GAFOOR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 11:27 AM
    The required components are frequently available in an integrated package known as RMU

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.

Power Distribution Units & Remote Power Panel [ 1 Answers ]

What is the basic functionality of these equipment ? What is differnce between PDU & RPP.

Replacement of electric unit with gas unit in mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

#1 Dec 27, 2006, 10:32 PM vcavina New Member Join Date: Dec 2006 Location: California Posts: 7 Electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home

Ring Main Questions Re:Macerator & Instananeous Electric Shower Installation [ 4 Answers ]

What should a Macerator be directly connected to , a Fused-Spur or the Consumer Unit ? When working on a Macerator, do I disconnect at the Appliance or isolate at the Consumer Unit to ensure I am working safely ?

View more questions Search