Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samprather Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 09:20 PM
    Free vet answers to sick puppy questions?
    My 8 month old puppy is acting very lethargic, walking slow and seems to have some weakness in back legs when trying to stand from a laying or sitting position. He still has a little appetite and drinks some water. He got into some leakage from our septic tank a couple of days ago, but we had not put any chemicals in it. I believe he did eat some feces. Could he be sick or have some kind of injury? I will be taking him to vet in the am. He is a beagle/hound mix. He just seems to have very little energy right now. Could he be depressed or could worms cause this? He is up to date on shots.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 02:02 AM

There's no way for us to accurately tell you what's going on, only your vet can run tests, take a look at your dog, and give you an accurate diagnosis. It's impossible to do that over the internet.

Keep an eye on him. If he gets worse I'd rush him to the emergency vet.

Make sure he's defecating and urinating. If he's not urinating then check him for dehydration. If he is dehydrated then give him pedialtye until you see your vet.

It doesn't sound like depression, this is definitely something that needs to be checked out, the sooner the better.

Good luck.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 10:32 AM

None of us are vets here, and there isn't much we can do online, but it sounds like your dog is sick, which really means you need to get him to the vet asap. You really don't know how sick this could make him.

In the mean time, make sure he has plenty of fresh water and access to it 24/7. Look at his gums, if they are a whitish grey, it means he is dehydrated. It is also a symptom of worms. But what concerns me is the weakness in the back legs, this sounds a lot more serious then a tummy ache or depression. Please have him checked out asap.
    dolphinlady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 01:30 AM
    Worms could cause this I would watch him very closely.
    celticfc Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2012, 10:43 AM
    None of us are vets I would advise you to go straight to your vet before it gets worse.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 01:35 PM
    Uh, vet... NOW!! He may be septic from your septic tank. Bacteria can attack animals neurologically an effect how things work. Such as walking. Your dog is very ill... Get to the vet. Do the right thing...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free answers to accounting questions [ 5 Answers ]

Need help with journal entries June 1: Cara made an investment in Byte of Accounting, Inc. by purchasing 2,580 shares of its common stock paying $42,900 in cash and by contributing computer equipment with a fair market value of $57,720. The par value of the common stock was $21 per share. ...

Free plumbing questions and answers? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a five year old water heather that is leaking water from the overflow pipe. I can still get hot water. Can you tell me what is wrong or suggest some trouble shooting procedures?

Free answers to plumbing questions [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 super narrow small streams of water always running in my bowl. Is that the flapper?

Sick puppy.vet stumped [ 2 Answers ]

We just got a new puppy from the shelter, and she was a happy, playful dog for the first day. The second day, she started puking, not eating or drinking and hardly moving. We took her to the vet, and after 2 days there we took her home. They said she was acting fine, and gave us some meds and...

Bought Sick puppy. Costly vet bills. Can I have breeder pay? [ 5 Answers ]

:( I bought a puppy a week ago. He turned 6 weeks on Friday. I know that's young to be away from his mom but the women selling him was going on a trip and wasn't going to be able to take care of me(horrible I know) so I had to take the little guy. He seemed fine the first couple days then started...

View more questions Search