Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Esmeralda777 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0
    -

Jun 1, 2009, 07:30 PM
    No job 4 two years
    I haven't had a job in over 2 years - not that I haven't been trying. Today I got a response from hr in a company I sent a resume. It said that they see I haven't worked in over 2 years and asked me what I've been doing during that time. Can they ask that. How do I answer it. Seems that saying starving and looking for handouts might not help me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 07:37 PM

It is perfectly correct for a company to ask you to explain all unemployed time.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 07:44 PM

It's important to fill in resume job gaps with volunteer time or some other productive thing like school or part-time jobs or caring for an elderly relative or starting your own company. Otherwise, you look unmotivated.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Answer the question honestly. Because of the current job market, you are not the only one in your situation. Other than looking for work, how did you fill your time? Volunteer work, PTA, church choir, book club, care for child? Any of these types of things are legitimate answers.
    newnew123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 08:40 AM
    Tell them that you did job in some non related field like data entry or something . You are not the only one who didn't get the job . I myself engineer and its been 1 year I haven't got any job but I try to collect internship in this time as much as I could but still waiting for response from companies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

Trying for 2 years [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying for almost two years. But the doctors dignose me a large fibroid on my uterus. I don't think this is the cause but I decided to remove the fibroid and pray my god. Please tell me if you have anything like this also caused infertility/

5 years... [ 11 Answers ]

I've held on to someone for almost 5 years I can't let him go, I even sabatoge his new relationships(not on purpose) he visited me his girlfriend got mad and dumped him I talk to him almost everyday online but I can't tell him so I just don't say anything. I can't kepp going on like this. Should...

View more questions Search