Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngmommytobe Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 08:03 PM
    Please give me help 15 and pregnant!!
    I'm 15, get good grades, live in a good home but am not very close to my parents. I go to a vocational school and take an automotive shop. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 months, and we lost our virginity to each other. The condom didn't work, and I found out I'm about a month pregnant. My boyfriends 17 and we have talked about the baby and we agree to take care of it together. How do I tell my parents? Is there patient confidenciality laws to help me in Massachusetts? Would we be able to get an apartment? What kind of medicle care do I need and what does it involve? I'm clueless! Please help me!!
    JuneBug1985 Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Feb 23, 2011, 08:07 PM
    First off I think you are too young to get an apartment without maybe your parents signing on it. I think you are also to young to get a job. Your best bet would to be to tell your parents. Tell the parent you are closest to.

I had to tell my parents I was pregnant (but I was 19 at the time) and I went to my mom. She told my dad privately.

I wish I could be of more help. Good luck, you need to go to a dr office or WIC (women infants and children) office. The WIC office will confirm your pregnancy for free and help you from there.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2011, 09:06 PM
    You can't take care of a baby without money. Money isn't just handed out along with an apartment; there are waiting lists and you are too young anyway. You need to discuss this with some adults rather than just decide that this is all nice and wonderful. I hope you will consider an open adoption. Keep working towards that career and have planned children much later.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 09:28 PM

She's 15. He's 17. Could he get into legal trouble?

Feb 23, 2011, 09:31 PM
    We were wondering that. Ill be 16 two months before he's 18.
    Ryleeb95 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 09:52 PM
    Baaaaddd move get a abortion that will wreck your life something shoxking
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 09:57 PM

How do your parents feel about your dating him? What will they say about him when they find out you're pregnant?

Your future birthdays don't matter. You were 15 when you got pregnant.

Feb 23, 2011, 09:59 PM
    My parents like him and we both have supporting families he's getting a job, and I'm looking. His family is catholic and niether of us believe in abortion.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 10:19 PM

Bad news. The age of consent in MA is 16. This means that he committed statutory rape and can be charged as such and be on the sex offender registry for the rest of his life.

Hopefully your parents won't have him charged though.

At 15 you are way too young to get an apartment and many places these days won't even employ a 15 year old, much less a pregnant 15 year old.

You will have to take your mother aside and tell her. Yesterday is too soon. You NEED prenatal care. Young girls your age are at risk for several health problems during pregnancy. Prenatal care is an absolute MUST!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2011, 10:44 PM
    Every time I mention open adoption to young teens I get ignored, sigh.
    There are women 3 times your age who are absolutely dying for a child. It would be a wonderful gesture, and you would be involved, and all expenses paid.
    When you are both being well paid you can plan another child. You will still be struggling because one of you will have to stop working.
    There are cultures such as Tahiti where babies were swapped around with anyone who wanted one, before the missionaries came.

Feb 25, 2011, 09:32 PM
    We have discussed open adoption but both of our families have had bad experiences with adoption and we couldn't picture someone else raising our baby
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 08:20 PM

Who have you discussed this with since you have not told your parents, You need to have them in the discussion
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2011, 09:07 PM

I thought it was statutory when he is over 18. He is 17 right now, that isn't illigal yet is it?

Apr 13, 2011, 12:45 PM
    What to expect at 12 weeks pregnant doctors appointment
    I am about 12 weeks pregnant and going to the doctors for my first appointment. I am supposed to get an ultra sound. What should I expect? Is there any tests or exams? Any questions they will ask me? How do they do an ultra sound? Please tell me what to expect.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2011, 01:43 PM
    An ultra sound is just a scan, they will put gel on your tummy and scan it and you will get to see your baby :) they also might have you give them a urine sample, they might ask you what day was your last period, if you do not know its not a problem. If there's anything you can't answer it not a problem.

They will ask you to give them the history of yourself and family, like illness' anyone might suffer from. Don't worry, they will go through everything with you. They also might to a blood test on you, some of these tests I have mentioned might happen on the next visit or this one. Relax and enjoy it :) the ultra sound is a wonderful experience.
    brookejaydee96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2012, 08:03 PM
    I'm 15 and Pregnant. My boyfriend is also 17.
    I live with my boyfriend now, and because I am not 16 I am not eligible for any money, but my boyfriend get special benefits, you should look into that.
    I wasn't that close to my mum, but you have no choice other than to tell her cause the longer you keep it secret the worse things may get. Once I told my mum she told my dad, and I was so scared. But now my parents have dealed with it in there own way and my boyfriend is very supportive.
    You will be fine as long as you are open and honest, cause you really need as much support as you can get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think I'm pregnant? If not, can someone give me some peace of mind? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there! I'm new here and I really want to get some honest opinions here.:) My boyfriend and I had sex (with condoms) back in the last week of November. That week was my ovulation (supposedly ovulated on the 27th, I have a 30 day cycle). But afterwards, like 2 weeks later, I began feeling...

Help with pregnant stray about to give birth! [ 11 Answers ]

I have a stray female that is very noticeably pregnant and she has had a clear, non-smelly discharge for about 24 hours now. I think this is her second litter. She is in the bathroom of my barn in a large dog cage with a litter box, food, water, and a rubbermaid container with towels. Is she going...

I don't know if I'm pregnant? Can someone give me some outlook? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been having problem's for about 2 months now. They thought it was my gallbladder at first so I had a hida scan and a u/s done to check it. The test results came back perfect. So they were going to put a camera in my stomach and check for ulcers but that's when my pain moved into my abdomen...

Am I pregnant and can someone give me answers [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 24 and I took a pregnancy test because it's been almost two months since I seen my period, I tested negative, I have an irregular period, when it comes on it sometimes last almost two weeks before it goes off but it's been awhile since I seen it. I used a cheap test, I don't know if it...

Pregnant and husband will no longer give oral [ 30 Answers ]

I am 22 weeks pregnant, and ever since I found out I was, he doesn't want to give oral sex anymore. He will have intercourse with me but no oral. He tells me that he just feels wrong because our child is in there but yet he has no problem having sex with me. I don't understand.Its not like the baby...

View more questions Search