Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramonaguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 10:34 AM
    Connections for Midwest Electric 60A GFCI Spa Disconnect Panel
    I'm installing a spa with a Midwest Electric 60A GFCI spa disconnect panel (#UG412RMW260P)between the spa and the house main service panel, but I'm confused which lugs in the disconnect box to connect the "hot" wires (Red & Black) to from my house service panel? This panel has two sets of lugs below the GFCI breaker and I'm not sure if one set is for "black" and the other for "red" connections, or if one lug set is for one set of black and red connections and the other for a second set of black and red connections. Is anyone familiar with this panel's configuration and can lend some advice? Picture of the panel is attached.
    Attached Images

Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Feb 15, 2011, 10:31 PM

Your incoming neutral wire is hooked up incorrectly and you're in violation of NEC with what you're using as the ground wire. I'd suggest calling an experienced, qualified, licensed electrician.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2011, 03:50 AM
    Typical DIY electrical work, no conduit connectors. Call in a professional to check and repair this installation.
    PizzaGuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 09:48 PM
    the site below has a useful wirirng diagram. The problem with this device is that it is poorly labeled and the wiring diagram that comes with it is for a plug, not a hot tub.

http://www.spadepot.com/spacyclopedia/wiring-hot-tub-spa.htm?gclid=CNO1x5LzyqkCFQYbQgodyA3LNw

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Midwest gfci disconnect how to wire [ 1 Answers ]

How to wire a midwest 60 amp gfci disconnect to a hottub

Is it OK to place GFCI on the main and not the sub panel for a spa [ 2 Answers ]

Over the weekend I helped a friend install his spa. The spa had 5 connections and 1 ground. 2 30A, 2 20A, and a neutral. We installed a 50A GFCI to the main electrical panel on the house. Then we ran that to a sub 100A panel with a reg. 20a and 30a breaker in it. Then ran it to the spa. The spa...

When adding a GFCI disconnect for hottub, should I replace GFCI in service panel? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hottub now but without a disconnect. Its simply a 6/3-50 amp wire that runs from the hottub to a 50amp GFCI inside the house main service panel. I want to install a disconnect 5-10 feet from the hottub. I bought a disconnect box that already has a GFCI inside of it. Should I have bought...

Gfci spa panel tripping [ 4 Answers ]

I just installed a spa with 4 wires. The house is old and while the neutral & ground bus bars are separate in the spa panel, they are all on the same bar in the main panel. Do I need to install a ground rod by the spa panel to keep the gfci from tripping? (instead of running the ground back to the...

View more questions Search