Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anupghorui Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 11:48 AM
    How can I uninstall Window XP after installing LINUX in a same system??
    Already Window XP has been installed and then Linux has been installed .But now I uninstall the Window XP but I can't . How is it possible??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 28, 2011, 11:50 AM
    You can't "uninstall" an operating system.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2011, 11:57 AM
    I went through that. If you format the drive that XP is on you may kill the boot manager (usually GRUB) as well.

Check here: removing xp after installing ubuntu - Google Search
    DaJinx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 10:07 AM

Removing XP is as simple as formatting the partition it occupies. You will not mess up your bootloader because formatting the XP partition doesn't touch the MBR. After removal you may have to update GRUB in order to access the partition you just cleared.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 15, 2011, 03:47 PM
    For the most part it is easier to setup a dual boot system by installing the Linux OS after the windows OS is installed and running. You can use a drive cloning utility to clone the drive as is and then format and install Windows back from the cloned archive before setting up the second Operating system. Also running Linux as a virtual machine with Virtual Box or VM ware works well
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2011, 09:28 PM
    There is another way to do it -- wipe the drive -- Do a clean install of Linux

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstalling Linux and Installing Windows XP Home Edition [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to uninstall Linux and install Windows XP Home Edition and I have no idea what I am doing. Can someone with experience please let me know how to do this? I would appreciate it very much if I could print a copy of step-by-step instrucitons. I have never worked with Linux before....

Installing XP instead of Linux [ 8 Answers ]

I want to install XP in my Laptop where there is already Linux-OS is installed. When I am trying to boot from XP-CD then my Laptop displays nothing , it seems to going sleep. Help me out.

Uninstall operating system [ 3 Answers ]

How do I uninstall Windows XP? I have a F DISC.

Upgrading to Linux and installing ethernet card on Win 98 [ 5 Answers ]

I have two old computers that run Windows 98 (an IBM on First Edition and a Compaq on Second Edition). I also have a Dell on XP and an Apple Powerbook, which I have connected to my home network. I'd like to be able to get one or both of the Win98 computers onto our home network, mostly to be...

Uninstall 2nd operating system [ 3 Answers ]

Because my old scanner would not work under XP,I installed ME on the same drive as XP so as to use it. I now have a new scanner and wish to uninstall ME safely.It does not appear on the add/remove facility in Control Panel. Can it be done and how?

View more questions Search