Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShelliK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 09:46 AM
    How to get a parental rights revoked?
    My 5 year olds sons dad is a drug addict and when ever I let him see my son he does not care for the child and also he has never supported the child or does not make a real effort to be in him life. The same man caused me to be involved in a court case involving the state of Florida for over 4 yrs in doing this I had to prove to them that I was not using drugs, I ultimately got my daughter back but I do not want the same thing for my son! What do I have to do to revoke this mans rights to my son? He is a very bad influence on this child and I am getting married and my future husband wants to adopt my son and raise him as his own. I am afraid that my sons dad will find out where I live and try and take my son from me... He is a very violent and dishonest person who does not need to be around my kids
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 29, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelliK View Post
    ...when ever I let him see my son he does not care for the child ...
    I am afraid that my sons dad will find out where I live and try and take my son from me ...
    What proof does he have that he is the father?
    • Were you married to the man?
    • Is he on the birth certificate?
    He has at least some proof: you let him be with the child, and expected him to care for the child, as though he were the father.

As the (apparently) acknowledged father, and without a court order in place, he arguably has as much right to the child as you do. You need to obtain a court order giving you exclusive custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I have my ex's rights revoked without his permission? [ 19 Answers ]

My ex left me two days before I had our son and then left the state a week later. He moved from here in Texas to Kansas, then on to Indiana. He has only had contact with my son twice in his life, when he was born, and when I packed up and went to Indiana for them to be together. Stupid mistake. I...

Laws on getting fathers rights revoked [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 16 month old son. His biological father has maybe seen him 8 times since he was born. He has been in and out of jail for Child support. The reason of this is because he refuses to pay it and keeps getting into trouble over it. In the beginning we set up visitation as when he wanted to see...

How can I get my parents rights revoked [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 15 year old girl I will be 16 in 2 weeks who has a bit of a pass but now I'm trying to do the right thing I don't really know what I can do about getting my mothers right taking away she has told dss that she does not want me or anything to do with me but she is trying to get me put in a...

Having my son's biological fathers rights revoked [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 3 1/2 year old son his biological father has been in prison for almost 3 of those years, he is a known drug addict, and convicted sex offender (I did not know that at the time of conception) he has seen my son all of 4 times and has never tried to change his life for the better, my husband...

How do I go about getting the Parental Rights of my ex revoked? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to get my ex's rights to my son revoked. He can't stay out of jail, can't stop using drugs. I already have sole legal and physical custody, he was only awarded 1 supervised visitation a month and he has opted not to show for any but one of them in 3 years. He doesn't pay child support...

View more questions Search