Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seska4ever Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 05:22 AM
    Is there any jobs that an 11 year old can get?
    Hi, I am looking for a job that an 11 year old can do. I've heard that there's something called "freelancing" but I don't know what that is. I am saving up to get a horse that I saw, but I need to save up some money. I am probably one of those "Pony mad" girls. Umm... I guess I could be all right at designing, I'm not too bad at spelling, and I can read, draw and animate wolves, cats, and dogs well. Wow, I sound so stuck up. I wouldn't mind what type of horse, donkey, mule, even if I got a camel, as long as I could ride it, so I don't know. My mum shares a horse with two other ladies, and gets to ride him on Tuesday and Thursday. I get to ride him too, but only a couple of minutes at the end. I'm turning 12 in April, and I am going to ask for one. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

~Emily
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 28, 2011, 05:33 AM
    It really depends on where you are located.

As you like horses have you thought about asking at a stables ?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jan 28, 2011, 10:29 AM
    At 11 or even 12 you can not work for a company even as freelance, although sometimes kids work for the family business, they cannot get a paycheck so to speak (child labor laws). But you always see youngsters in commercials and in television and movies. You could always try out for a commercial or do some store ad modeling. Freelance is a self employed person. If you do art work for an hourly wage you work for the company. If on the other hand, if you do a little work at home and then submit it to the company and they choose to use it without hiring you that's freelance work. Your responsible for any taxes on your income, and get no company benefits.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 10:49 AM

If your mom can afford a horse (they are quite expensive to own, you know, with food, vet care, medical emergencies, tack, etc.), she might be willing to pay you to do special chores such as paint a room and/or the woodwork, clean out all the kitchen cabinets and wash dishes that aren't used very often, wash and vacuum out the car, sort out the junk and utensil drawers, take over the weekly changing of the beds, do everyone's laundry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What jobs can an 11 year old girl get? [ 7 Answers ]

I understand the child labor laws and stuff, but honestly, kids should be allowed to take REAL jobs during the summer! I mean, c'mon! It's not like we're stupid!! Any suggestions? Big Thanks!

Jobs for 15 year old girls [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 15 an want to get a job because I need some exera money for saving to get a car but I can't seem to find one can anyone help

Jobs for 13 year olds [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I have just turned 13 and I would love a job; however I am not interested in getting a paper route. HELP! Thank you very much Chessca xxx :)

View more questions Search