Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbeneus03 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 09:15 AM
    8 days late period... am I pregnant after 3 negative test results?
    Hi.. I usually get my period on the 15th of the month last month it was late and I got it on the 19th. This month it has not come yet and the month is almost over. I've taken 3 test and they were all negative, I'm already 8 days late. Should I be worried?? could I be pregnant
    brm1991 Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Jan 27, 2011, 09:21 AM
    Pregnancy test aren't always accurate I know first hand, but your only 8 days late I wouldn't worry too much, it could be caused from stressing out, but if you are concerned about it I'd go to the doctor to get an accurate test.
    Heaven100 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 09:40 PM
    First of all, you have to be sure that you're using the pregnancy test properly. You have to wait four hours from the last time you urinated to allow the "pregnancy hormones" to build up again. I wouldn't worry though, if you go two months without your period, maybe do another test again. But more importantly, use protection next time.

Jan 28, 2011, 11:39 AM
    Comment on Heaven100's post
    But normally when I am pregnant the test would come out positive very early. But I guess I will wait till the end of the month and take it again if I haven't gotten it yet. Thanks for the advice

Jan 28, 2011, 11:41 AM
    Comment on brm1991's post
    OK I thought 8 days was wayyyy over due but after reading others question it seens early. So I will wait and see. Thanks
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2011, 03:34 PM

It is going to be very individual. Most women will get an accurate result once a period is late. Some will even before a missed period, some won't for several weeks.
    Your period may be off this cycle, you may even skip it altogether, but try another test if it still hasn't shown after another week.
    If negative, wait and see what happens when your period would be due for next month. Of course, if you were to start to experience any possible symptoms, you could always see your doctor about having a blood test done.
    layla007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 11:40 PM
    Wow I'm the same as you period came on the 15th than the 19 and now I'm 8days late me and my husband has been trying for months but after ready I guess I should wait another week than take another test I've tooken 3 already and they all have been negative but I'm finding it really strange for 8 days late I've been a day or 2 late in the past but never 8days I relize your post was a while back but I'm would like to no your outcome or if anybody else is in this same boat please respond
    briah03 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 07:41 AM
    I'm I nthe same bpat as you I am 8 days late having all the sympotoms of pregnancy but onefaint positvie then 5 negatives so I don't know what to think
    lizardlady86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 08:18 AM
    Im in the same boat to, I'm 8 days late, me & my partner have been trying for 1 year pretty much to the day, its very rare for me to be this late, am having sharp pains almost like period pains but somehow different, have also done 3 tests that came back negative & I don't know what to do now.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2011, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardlady86 View Post
    Im in the same boat to, im 8 days late, me & my partner have been trying for 1 year pretty much to the day, its very rare for me to be this late, am having sharp pains almost like period pains but somehow different, have also done 3 tests that came back negitive & i don't know what to do now.

Hi lizardlady,

Give it another week. If still no period, try another test. If negative, see what happens next month. Your period may be late or you may skip this cycle. If you continue to have possibly symptoms, along with no period, you can see your gp or midwife about a blood test.
    jennygayle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 05:40 PM
    I am also in the same boat, eight days late, been trying 7 years and having all the symptoms of pregnancy, I had what I thought was implant spotting a week after ovulation, I have taken 3 tests in 2 weeks that came back negative, I am so stressed and ready to know... I REALLY HOPE I AM, I had a very faint pink line this morning on a hpt, but IDK, if I am seeing things or not, but it is faint, lol
    Rebeccahadley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Im the same I'm 8 days late and my cycle is usually every 3 week I've never been late but I'm not getting any signs of pregnancy so I don't no what to do I've already took 3 pregnancy test all came back negative...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I recently had a miscarriage in October, now am 11 days late, negative test results [ 1 Answers ]

I experienced a miscarriage in October and then had a normal period in November. I should have received my period by December 27th. So I am 11 days late and have had two negative tests. I am trying to conceive but I don't know where to start without a period. I had already seen a positive result...

Period 11 days late, negative pregnancy test a week ago, possibly still pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

My period is currently 11 days late. I took a pregnancy test about a week ago and it was negative. Is there still a chance I could be pregnant?

8 days late period but negative pregnancy results. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I am 15 years old and yes I know that is young. Me and my boyfriend had sex about a month ago and while were doing it we both thought we felt something kind of like the condom breaking (it was towards the very end of the sex). So he pulled out and he had ejaculated. He checked the condom and...

19 days late for my period, with negative results? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first post on this site. I'm 19 years old, and I think that I may be pregnant. My periods are usually normal , and have never been this late. My last period January 23rd, and I had unprotected sex during my ovulation. I am now 19 days late for my period, and hoping for a baby....

2 days late my period is light and my pregnecy test is negative. Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm always on the 7th and this month I started on the 9th. My fiancé and I have slept together since last month. He always comes inside me. The past week and a half I have slept with him everyday with him coming inside me. We already have one kid who is 10 months old. I took a pregnant. Test...

View more questions Search