Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Water overflows from drain pipe for washing machine
    When my washing machine drains, the water from the pipe overflows. What can I do besides calling a plumber?
    Thanks in advance.
    Grams!
    buzz_liteyere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Answer to drain back up from washing machine.
    Since water is being PUMPED into the pipe
    There is either not enough slope to the drain ---can't handle the flow
    Or there is a blockage somewhere down the pipe
    Fluff and stuff.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 28, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Buzz took the long way to explain it but one of two things, either the pump is too strong and puts out too much volume for a undersized drainage system to handle or you have a partial blockage on down the line and it needs to be snaked. From the washer roof vent. Good luck, Tom
    tj1123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2013, 03:01 PM
    I'm going to do both, the balloon on the water hose and snake it,, any suggestions which to do first?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine Overflows [ 4 Answers ]

My washing machine, Kenmore model # 110.49722991 (apartment size) doesn't sense how much water is in the tub and will continue to fill until it overflows. Twice now I have flooded my apartment with 2" of water. I don't think I will try for three. :eek: Can it be fixed or should I just get another....

HELP! After new washing machine installed, drain pipe overflows! [ 10 Answers ]

Just bought Maytag, top load washer. After the wash cycle, as the water is draining, the water will come back over the drain pipe and over flow onto the floor. HOWEVER, it doesn't do this every time. Sometimes it will drain after the wash and not overflow, but then after the rinse cycle, as the...

Washing Machine Drain Pipe clogged [ 3 Answers ]

I have a drain pipe for a washing machine that is clogged. We have tried using a garden hose with a bladder that causes it to shoot high powered water down the pipe but to no avail. Also we tried the sulferic acid concentrate with no luck. Right now we have the drain hose just hanging inside the...

Washing Machine Drain Overflows [ 3 Answers ]

My washing machine drain overflows on occasion. I recently installed an in-wall box for the valves and drain. The drain is 2" dia and 31" in length, 42" above the floor. There is a trap also 2" and a run of 5" to the main line also 2" in dia. The vent is 1.5" and is clear. It does not always back...

Washing Machine Drain Pipe Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Our home is about 6 years old with the washing machine on the second floor. Just lately, the drain pipe backs up a little water, but mostly bubbles. I've tried to snake the pipe but I can only get four feet in before I hit a bend that the snake gets stuck on. I don't think this is the blockage...

View more questions Search