Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Girl1221 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 08:54 PM
    What is the red bump on my breast? Not a pimple... a growth? Breast cancer? HELP
    Like its by the nipple and its red.. doesn't pop, not a pimple.. hurts to rub, but sort of numb to poke.. about size of a small pinki fingernail.. worried it might be harmful?
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 24, 2011, 09:12 PM
    Is the bump hard or soft to the touch if it is hard it could be a cyst forming or if it is soft could be a swollen gland. I asked my sister in law that's what she said(doctor)

Jan 24, 2011, 09:18 PM
    Comment on chaosmaster1's post
    I guess its more on the harder side rather than soft. What do I do if it's a cyst?
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 24, 2011, 10:04 PM
    Do you drink a lot of drinks with caffine in them if so cut back on your caffine intake and see if it improves if not see a doctor if it gets worse at anytime

Jan 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
    Comment on chaosmaster1's post
    Okay thank you!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 10:18 PM

I'd go to the doctor.

A week ago I woke up to a lump on my breast. Scary feeling. It seemed to develop over night. Of course I started thinking the worst, especially since breast cancer runs in my family.

I went to the doctor. Turns out it was an ingrown hair, on my chest! Well, we do have hair all over our bodies, even if they're not noticeable.

Anyway, the doctor had to cut it open and drain it, and it's healing up nicely, but if I had left it it could have gotten infected.

There's no way anyone on this site can tell you with 100% accuracy what this bump is, and the options are endless. You really do need to see your doctor about this.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you know if you got breast cancer? [ 6 Answers ]

Um, you will have no pain in your breast but feel alittkle lump and have a fever

Breast Cancer [ 3 Answers ]

I found a lump in my left breast. My doctor said that it was an inflammed mamogland. I keep having breast pain. How do I know if I have breast cancer or not? I don't know if I am too young because I am only 19. My left breast keeps getting bigger and I am suffering from pain every so often. ...

Do I have breast cancer [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period last month for 2 days first day was spotting an brownish an the second it was a full day but brown , my period was the 20th. An I ovolated on the 30th -through the 3rd. My husband an I have been trying to conceive for months, I have irreguler periods I lost 40 pounds an my periods...

Flat pimple on left breast [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not sure but keep thinking I may have breast cancer. Im the 4th generation of breast cancer, my mum is battling with her breast cancer. I have a light pink/light brown small amount about less than 1cms near my left nipple. It has been there for about a month. I had my mammogram about 3 - 4...

Is it breast cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

So this is the first time this has happened but this light brown discharge is coming out of my breast its very thin, but is it cancer or is it normal?

View more questions Search