Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redderredder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2004, 11:40 PM
    Bumps on arms, hair follicles?
    ??
    For years I have had little bumps on my forearms. Not painful, not rashy. About the size of little zits, but not red at all. Just flesh colored. My bet is that they are hair follicles, but... they never go away or get smaller. Anyone have any ideas as to what they are and how to get rid of them?
    kristinann4501 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2004, 03:30 PM
    Re: bumps on arms, hair follicles?
    I understand exactly what you are going through.. I went to the doctors and the told me it rean in my family but that's just not true I have tried a special lotion and it seems to work good.. it's called urea cream 40% urea.
    Maybe that might work 4 you.
    *melanie* Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2005, 05:21 PM
    Bumps on arms, hair follicles?
    It sounds like it could be keratosis pilaris. I just found out that I have this, here's a site with information about what it is http://www.helpforkp.com/

HTH!
    KRYPTO! Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2005, 08:19 AM
    Finally a cure!
    I've tried every thing out there and nothing worked until I tried this. If you've done your home work on keratosis pilaris then you know it has to do with clogged pores in the skin. Ok well you grab the vacuum cleaner and start sucking. Just kidding! First you have to stop the new ones from coming and get rid of the old ones that have been around awhile. Well enough take and here it is. Go to cvs and pick up neutrogena multi-vitamin acne treatment and clean and clear persa-gel 10 and pine tar soap, dove nutrium, or something that has salicylic acid in it and a loafa sponge. Get in the shower and use the loafa and your soap and scrub area well(this will remove dead skin). Dry off and now apply neutrogena and then persa-gel 10. I do it once a day but more is always better. So twice a day would be fine . The scrubbing in the shower takes place once or twice a week and the application of the medcations are every day once of twice a day. Now I had severe bumps that were progressively getting worse as the years went by but within two days of this treatment I noticed a huge difference. Give it a good month but never stop treatment. Even though you think you've won you have'nt. This is a skin disorder and must be delt with every day to have the upper hand on it. The scaring that may be left from the old bumps that you picked at may take a while to vanish but this should work for now. ;)
    ajlover1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 02:42 AM
    Comment on *melanie*'s post
    Hello
    carlewing Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 09:47 AM

*melanie* and KRYPTO! Thanks for the input my daughters' both have the same thing going on and the doc told me it's just from them picking at their arms. Now how the heck could that be it ? I mean they don't sit around all day squeezing their upper arms to get the hair folicles out... duh.
    hrigsby1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 07:24 AM
    It is actually something that is hereditary. It is an excess of keratin buildup in the skin. There are ways you can treat it. Try using liquid exfoliants (apple cider vinegar or lemon juice), then applying a lotion with lactic acid in it. Do not use body scrubs on these areas, as they aggravate the condition.
    jcMiFarms Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 09:34 PM
    I used to have these - prostatitis too, until I started taking 300 mg Selenium, 300 mg Multivitamins, 1000 mg of Omega 3 Daily. I also reduced my iron and salt intake (watch out for tap water full of Fl and Cl ).

Three years on and (apart from just a few of the bigger ones which are shrinking) both problems have disappeared.

JC
    afsaf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Iyfk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny zit like bumps on arms [ 8 Answers ]

For years I have had little bumps on my forearms. Not painful, not rashy. About the size of little zits, but not red at all. Just flesh colored. My bet is that they are hair follicles, but... they never go away or get smaller. Anyone have any ideas as to what they are and how to get rid of...

Ugly bumps on upper arms [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I've always had these annoying bumps on my upper arms. I never knew how I got them and how to lose 'em. Most of my friends have them too. Does anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them?? HELP!!

Right to Bear Arms [ 167 Answers ]

I am just curious about everyone's thoughts regarding the Second Amendment and the Right to Bear Arms. I am specifically curious to hear from those of you that live in countries that have been forced to give up your arms. Are there more crimes now than before? If you live in the US I am...

Numbness in arms [ 1 Answers ]

::)What could cause my arms to suddenly go numb and feel so heavy.I can't lift them when this happens. They feel like dead weight. It comes on suddenly,just out of nowhere.It will last for about five or so minutes,then they just feel funny for a little while after.Thank you for any help you can...

Bumps on arms [ 3 Answers ]

I started shaving my arms a week ago but I have noticed a lot of red bumps along my arms what is this and is there nehting I can do about it

View more questions Search