Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chloep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 01:21 AM
    Will my bad luck ever end?
    Hi I need to know whether my life will turn around again. Over a year ago I moved back to my home town to look after my ill mother with my b/f of 3 years. 8 mnths ago I watched by her bedside as she passed away which was quite disturbing. Two weeks after that I found out I was pregnant which we had been trying for about 2 years. During that time I lost my full time job and had stupidly blown all of my work money on helping my b/f buy a car. About 4 mnths ago my partner had just started to drift away from me and sleep with his new boss which I had to find out from a friend of his. At christmas time my dog had died in my arms on the way to the vets. I have since had 2 car accidents and have now slipped into depression and my old ways of not eating properly which is hurting the baby. And just the other day I found out the woman who was so close to my mother before she passed and had become a sort of adopted mother has a tumour on her kidney. I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. I know I should be happy that I am going to give birth in a few weeks but I just feel like nothing is going to go right like I have been cursed and I don't know how to fix it. My ex partner still says he loves me but does not know what he wants to do. The stress of him alone is killing me. Can you see any good coming into my life and will my ex finally decide that he wants to be with me? Please help
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2006, 07:35 AM
    Hi,
    I am not a Psychic, don't pretend to be. Maybe someone else will answer your questions also.
    We all, to a very large extent, determine our own futures, and luck. It depends on our actions, as to what tomorrow will bring.
    In you particular case, you wanted to have a baby with a boyfriend? Why didn't you wait for marriage?
    You loaned someone money? All these choices determine your luck, which in this case, you see as "bad luck". If you think about it, putting full trust into someone, not even married, is not really a good idea; that's caused your "bad luck" so far.
    For the future to be better, find yourself a new man; someone who respects you, is caring, honest, and wants to be with you. Your boyfriend, now that the baby is coming, wants out!
    Only you can change tomorrow, and you can do it. Find another job, try forgetting about this boyfriend, which I know will be hard, and get on with your life. I do wish you the best of "luck", which you can turn around.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2006, 07:37 AM
    Luck is like life - it's what you made it.
    Burrito7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 01:47 PM
    For the past year or so, I too have been hammered by a freakish run of bad luck. Seems as if God -- or Satan -- is testing me. Money, family, health, home and work are all falling apart faster than I can patch things together. And just when it seems I'm out of the woods, the water heater blows ($900), or the doctor finds something bad in my test results. AARRGH!

But I also noticed that this all started when I got into a bad situation with my family, and basically starting cursing the ground they walked on -- not without reason (they're abusive, obnoxious bigots), but still, I've been putting out some really hateful, negative energy, and blaming others for the whole rotten mess.

They say "what goes around, comes around." That may be too simplistic, but I'm going to try to grab hold of this situation and control what I can -- starting with my own self-pitying frame of mind. And I'm going to stop spewing hateful, vindictive, negative thoughts toward other people, toward the world and toward God.

I might still have to deal with my latest emergency pet surgery ($1100), but I will also take a moment to be thankful for the good things I still have in my life, and move forward with a healthier, clearer frame of mind.

I wish you the best with all you're dealing with, chloep. May God bless you and give you peace and plenty -- you deserve it!
    hailstone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 05:07 AM
    It is completely unnatural to stop feeling hate if people have wronged you, in fact hate comes from a place of integrity because you have identified that something is wrong and are fighting against it. The wrong comes from how you may express it. If, for example, it is a case of being psychologically or financially abused or shunned by a group of people it is perfectly natural to feel a good dose of vitriolic bile for that person or regime. It is not true that all types of peoples can mix because they have a few common human traits, some people will always abuse their power or simply have a clash of personality with you and to get on with that person or group you may end up completely compromising your own sense of self which is a far worse option than not towing the party line. The point about beauty is becoming redundant, you only have to look at real wives and girlfriends to know men love the 'root' rather than the'flower' of a woman and it works the other way to. Gold star for devils advocates they are funny in small doses.
    boroaged Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2011, 05:04 AM
    I understand your concern and if you wish to know my sincere advice then go to wwww.islamtoday.com... Hope the best for your, my sister
    womaninHell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 12:39 AM
    How is this for getting crushed by fate?
    I lost my husband suddenly to an extremely rare and aggeressive cancer all within 3 weeks, I am in my 40s with three pre-teen kids, because of his illness, my husband could not work and we lost all our retirement, but have almost half a million in debt, we have a mortgage that is equivalent to all my salary, and a house that is unsellable, an office rental where the renter is leaving and no money for that mortgage, and I am now sick, and my car broke down today :(
    I think that fate is trying to wipe me out from the universe
    Kabuli Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Apr 27, 2011, 09:23 AM
    There is one general truth! Go somewhere else and start a new life. It is not a joke believe me it helps. If I tell you all those bookish advice it does not help. When your mind is too much occupied and obsessed with the wrong stuff you can not think properly and make stupid decisions. By moving somewhere else I mean bring a drastic change to your life then you are able to think properly and save your soul.

Make a fresh start and say hi to your past. Otherwise you will become mad. But you have to do it.
    ancythomas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2011, 12:14 AM
    Dear, I agree luck is nt with u, but you remember, everything happens for a good reason, in your life this situation came, and it made you brave, stronger to fight with the biggest tide...
    Try to handle the things by yourself, you think by yourself you trusted a guy, and he cheated u, so do you like to trust any one again, and about your ex-bf ask him that, can he take care of you and your child...
    If he says yes, den you can look forward to him...
    All the best for your future...
    Remember its nat always upon the luck, its upon you to that,how you make the situation/ problems worst or good...
    ramsingh1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 03:40 AM
    Thanks for sharing information.but same situation with happen to me this time. What I do. Sorry I am going to die. Really sorry we can't say anything.
    aft Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Why men don't like me ,I am not a bad looking person, men always look at me like something is wrong with me I think my ex put some kind of spell on me
    crowfoot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Most of us never truly appreciate how much luck plays a key role in our lives.
    It true, to an extent that you can create your own luck, but many of the things that happen to us in life are beyond our control.The only thing we can control is the way we think and feel about the things that happen to us. For exampe:
    1) Your mother died in your arms after a long illness. My Father and my Wife also died in my arms. I feel lucky that I knew them, felt lucky they loved me and me them. I think about the good times we had and I feel blessed.
    2) Two of my dogs died while I held them. Pets die and grief is the price we pay for love. Again, I feel blessed for the time we spent together and I did my best for them when they were alive.
    3) Trusting someone you love is not a mistake. Finding out they are untrustworthy before your child enters the world is better than finding that out when you are married and have a home. Good riddance to him. Learn and move on.
    4) If you know your eating habits are hurting you and your child: stop now. You have been punished hard and you are becoming addicted to it. Some people are like sponges, soaking up all the hurt and harm around them and seeing this as normal. You get to the stage where you firmly believe that you do not deserve good favour and this limiting belief cripples you emotionally. You deserve as much as anyone else. That which does not kill you makes you stronger. My mother (a 4 time cancer survivor) once said to me "When I should be at my weakest I feel at my strongest" This belief comes from a lifetime of battling. Become a warrior, life is a daily battle and always will be. If you are not fighting you a preparing to fight. Fighting is habit, the more you do it the better you become. Chin up and keep it there, come what may, unitl your final breath.
    jlandree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Wow, I hope your life is still not going in this direction and has improved.
    I am 41 years old and lived a lifetime with one thing after another and it has not stopped. It might be worthwhile to connect as I truly understand your suffering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good luck figueing out this 80s movie [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a movie that's been on my mind for about 5 years and I just can't remember the name. The only thing I can remember are these 2 little girls that made faces at people and a guy told them that if someone hits them on their back their faces will stay like that. Sure enough the guy hits their...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

I've tried everything but still no luck [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm having a problem with a lot of things. My os is win me and have 64mb ram but the ram isn't causing these problems cause I've tried 500mb and it changed nothing. My problems are that i.e. stops responding on heaps of sites including windows update and I have had this for a while but I can't...

View more questions Search