Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinvish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 11:53 AM
    Hey guys.. I'm in love with a christian girl for the past 5 years...
    Hey guys.. I'm in love with a christian girl for the past 5 years and I'm finding great problems from both of our parents... I'm 25 and she's 23... I have a younger sister who is 23, who's marriage will happen by mid this year... we both are engaged in the same profession... I cannot live without my girl... a lot of tensions here... is there any way our parents can be convinced? Any ideas 4 our life to workout cause I cannot bear the tensions and tears she sheds each day... guys it's up to u 2 help us and all those who have queries in this site...
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2011, 11:56 AM

Why does the fact that she's a christian girl have anything to do with it?

Are you a different religion?

I have to tell you... relationships have ups and downs as it is. When you come from different belief systems, that only adds to the difficulties. Just pointing that out.

The only thing you can do is figure out why her parents don't approve and if there is anything the two of you can do to help them understand why you're good for each other.

More information is needed before we can give you an educated opinion.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 12:44 PM

At the end of the day, it's up to you and your girlfriend to work this out. It takes time to sort out all the issues, you need to break down the problems. Without an understanding of the problems, you cannot tackle them.

You also need to determine if there's room for compromise. Is it an absolute problem. Can you please describe the problem more clearly?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2011, 12:54 PM
    I have a sneaky suspicion there may be a deeper culture issue involved here.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 07:15 PM

Are you Muslim, or Hindi?
    LightCross Posts: 87, Reputation: 29

Jan 14, 2011, 03:38 AM
    Religion and background difference sometimes can be a problem in a relationship especially when parents side being involved in it , in this case there are two ways :
    1. Trying to work things out with your girlfriend and ignore your parents objection
    2. Let her go and look for another partner who got about same criteria as your parents want

Whichever you choose it is up to you and the girl, I don't know about the girl's parents side, your gf's parents not opposing the idea of she being with you just like your parents do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 14 years old girl and I'm in love with 19 years old boy? [ 20 Answers ]

I love him so much. But my parents didn't know.

Two guys who fall in love with one girl and they all live together [ 2 Answers ]

The girl is a blond girl and two guys are in love with her and they end up been together all of them she falls in to a toilet because the guys left the seat up I think came out in the 90s or 2000 something..

Hey there.I am a guy who loved this girl for 3 years n am afraid to even stare at her [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there.I am a guy who loved this girl for 3 years and am afraid to even stare at her when she walks by she stares at me all the time she walk by if I can remove my afraid side how will I do it.And I want her to love me and like me.

How can I forget about a past relationship I had with a girl? It's been three years. [ 4 Answers ]

She was the one and only person I've ever been involved with. Of course she has a boyfriend now... I think I'm over her but I'm still preoccupied by how she perceives me at present (physically/personality-wise). Although I don't ever see her, we live in the same neighborhood and have mutual...

View more questions Search