Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melchma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Fluorescent to incandescent watt conversion?
    40W incandescent equals what wattage in a fluorescent bulb?
    aguywithfeet Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jan 5, 2011, 03:55 PM
    Accorind to ehow fluorescent watts are one quarter of incandescent watts. Which means a 40 watt incandescent would be equaled by a 10 watt fluorescent.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 05:49 AM

When comparing incandescent lamps to compact fluorescent lamps, be sure to compare the lumen output.

This is the only value that means anything.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2011, 08:36 PM
    Lumen output is very important in business, whether retail or otherwise. But wattage is what the power company charges you for. And yes tk, I know you are a "clockbuilder" as I am.
    djm0730 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 01:11 PM
    The "forty watt" compact flourescents I got said they use 9 watts. The "60's" use 14.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suppose a typical 60-watt incandescent light bulb costs $0.51 and lasts 900 hours... [ 8 Answers ]

Does it make financial sense... Suppose a typical 60-watt incandescent light bulb costs $0.55 and lasts 800 hours. A 15-watt CFL, which provides the same light, costs $3.45 and lasts for 9,900 hours. A kilowatt-hour of electricity costs $0.117. A kilowatt-hour is 1,000 watts for 1 hour. You require...

Fluorescent vs Incandescent wattage [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing some lightbulbs in a ceiling fan, and the fixture says to use 60W max bulbs. When I was at the store recently, I saw some fluorescent bulbs that I would like to try. But here's the question: Fluorescent bulbs are always rated at a lower wattage for the same amount of light. For...

Watt conversion on fluorescent lights [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to confirm my thinking on the wattage conversion on fluorescent lights versus standard incandescent bulbs. Example - I have a 2-bulb porch light fixture that is rated for 60 watt bulbs (120 total). I have some fluorescent bulbs that pull 19 watts but are equivalent to a 75 watt...

Fluorescent and incandescent recess lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 recess fluorescent lights controlled with 2 3-way switches. Can I add a incandescent recess light to this circuit? Thanks

View more questions Search