Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kikiswoop11 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 07:38 PM
    How many weeks do I have to wait to take a pregnancy test?
    I had unprotected sex but I am not sure if pre-ejaculation accured.. if it did how many weeks would I have to wait?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2011, 07:50 PM

About two weeks after could give you accurate results. However, it is best to wait until you are due for the next period and see what happens. Some women will get a positive result about 10 days past ovulation, but most will need to actually miss a period to have a pregnancy be picked up.

Jan 5, 2011, 08:00 PM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    What if I have irregular periods then do I still wait two weeks?
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2011, 08:10 PM

I'd start there... if negative, give it another couple of weeks and try another test. If still negative, it would be unlikely that you are pregnant. Odds are lower anyway if he did not actually ejaculate.

In the meantime, if you are going to continue to engage in sex, be sure to use protection every time. If using condoms, they need to be put on before any entry and most definitely if he withdraws to ejaculate and then wants to reenter. Best to use more than one form of birth control to lower the odds even more.

Jan 5, 2011, 08:17 PM
    I'm on birth control and take it like I'm supposed to.. and yes from now on we will be using protection.. I was also thinking about going to take the plan be pill?
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 04:17 AM

If you are taking birth control pills consistently, and he withdrew without ejaculation, odds are pretty low that you would become pregnant. Possible, but not probable. The condom, however, would also give some additional protection beyond pregnancy. If the sex was within the last few days, plan b can be another way to decrease the odds.

Jan 6, 2011, 07:02 PM
    Thank you so much for all your help.. and I'm going to but some tomorrow before school.
    yazz1972 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2011, 02:59 PM
    If it was within 72 hrs you can take the morning sfter pill, buy it from the chemist or speak to your school nurse, or go to your nhs walk in centre. Either way,your school nurse will be helpful and should give you some advise. In future go on the pill, or have some kind of contraception as well as using condoms. Your life is too precious to take risks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do I have to wait to take a pregnancy test [ 9 Answers ]

Ive heard that you should take a pregnancy test first thing in the morning, but I've also heard you shouldn't. So which is it?? :confused:

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

How long do I need to wait before I take a pregnancy test with irregular periods? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm a senior this year and my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 yrs. I had a miscarriage last march, and I've had multiple other complications with my reproductive organs since then. We have unprotected sex and I'm not on any type of birth control. My periods are irregular and somewhat...

2 weeks late.Negative Pregnancy Test.Dr says wait longer [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here are the facts of my situation... Age 37 1 misscarriage 4 years ago Off birth control for 5-6 years Trying to conceive for 3 months Last period October 20 2007 30 day cycles, always regular I'm now 2 weeks late, I've taken several home pregnancy test. I waited till now to call my...

View more questions Search