Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Steaked07 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Loreal Hair Color Removal Kit
    Has anyone use a Haircolor Removal Kit by Loreal?

My stylist died half of my hair DARK brown, almost black, and the top is a nice shade of bright blonde. My hair is naturally Blonde, and I wanted some darker blonde/light brown contrasting colors underneath.

I now look like a skunk or Cruella Devil as my brother has named me.

Last night I used the "Color Oops" on my hair, and on the strand test it turned it back to it's original blondish color. After applying it to my whole head, my hair looked MUCH lighter.. almost blonde, and then a weird thing happened.. I shampoo'd it a few times like the directions said, and then I looked down and noticed my hair looked dark again.. almost as dark as before. After drying, my hair is a little lighter, but not much.

I wanted some suggestions, or to see if anyone has used the Loreal Kit, and exactly the results they had gotten from it.

My stylist told me I was out of luck for getting it fixed, and I live in a SMALL town, and I'm afraid someone else would just mess it up worse. I'm trying to avoid more bleaching, toning etc..

Please help! :confused:
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 24, 2007, 08:15 PM
    I'm surprised that your hairstylist won't fix your hair. Most salons will fix their clients hair if they are not happy with the results. In order to go lighter or blonde, it will require bleaching. If bleaching and toning is not an option, you can use a hair color remover. However, you may need to use more than one applications of the hair color removal product to remove the dark dye from your hair.

Jan 24, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Well, she's a friend, who is a Tony & Guy Colorist, but she did it as a friend, and not as a client.. I don't think she wants to spend any more time on my hair, even though I paid her.

Last time she put pink streaks into my hair instead of red, but she fixed it right away and it looked beautiful.

I think I'm just going to let my hair wash out some more, and then go into a salon to have it fixed.

The Color Oops worked enough where it's not SO much of a drastic change that it looks horrible. I just want my natural hair back, and I hope I can get it. :( I'm afraid if I use another color remover kit, it might turn my hair orange or something.

Have you had any experience with these products, and do you have one you'd recommend?

Thanks Pretty Lady!
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Jan 25, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Your friend really ought to fix your hair, it sounds like she dyed the bottom way too dark. I have had my haird dyed too dark before. I went to the hairdresser, they said all I could do was wait until it faded, or get highlights. I was trying to get rid of all the highlights in the first place. I cost me a lot of money to get my hair back to a half decent colour, and it took months. I wouldn't use a home kit just in case, or at least I would take the kit to the hairdresser salon and show them it and ask advice. You don't want it to turn out worse than it is.

Jan 25, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Yea, that's what she told me. I'd have to either go to a salon so they could strip it, or have them do heavy hi-lights.

I think she was upset that I didn't like it, but it's her fault for picking a color that was WAY off.

It seems to be fading as I wash it, so I guess I'll enjoy being funky for a little while, and then have it lightened again after my hair has recovered and more of the dark has washed out. (I will not my my friend again for sure.. I don't care if she did work for Tony & Guy!)

I didn't get the remover kit, because I don't want to turn my hair orange, or fry it!

Thanks for all of the advice!
    brune105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 12:17 PM
    I definitely wouldn't use another remover kit or it will definitely fry your hair. I just had the same problem recently. I tried to dye my hair dark brown but it turned out black. I was mortified! I bought the color oops as well but thankfully I had better results. Doesn't that stuff smell horrible, wow! Anyway, I am not sure how long you rinsed for but you have to literally rinse for 15-20 minutes and not a minute less or the color will redeposit. It took all the dark out of my hair and left it with a blondish brown color but a little bit of an orangey tone. Then I used a dark ash blonde color after and now my hair is a light brown with blondish looking highlights. The ends are a bit darker but I plan to get my hair cut anyway so that's OK. Hope you get your hair back to how you want it. Good luck ;)
    basilbrush Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 02:18 AM
    My hair was blonde and I wanted a few lowlights put through it ended up looking awful as the wrong colour was used so then bleached over the ends and it turned orange so had to put a dark brown on which I hate how do I get it back to blonde will the lloreal dye remover work and then if I put a dark blonde on and eventually have it high lighted
    canesfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2009, 07:35 AM
    I used it last night because I tried to go back from from black and it didn't work, well after I used this kit, my hair turned out to look like a tiger! I would not recommend this product! It worked more as a bleching kit than a removal kit!
    kahurley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 06:01 AM
    I just used the Loreal Hair removal kit your talking and it turned my hair orange!! I look like Carrot top's girlfriend! Its horrible. I don't recommend this product. Not only that but it seems to be harsh on hair.
    ModLynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 09:59 PM
    Well crap I just bought this stuff. I might return it, and get some quick blue instead... whew thanks guys!
    ORNGEish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2011, 11:13 AM
    The L'Oreal Haircolor Remover WILL turn your hair orange if you have black/dark brown/red haircolour on your hair... they YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PUT ANOTHER HAIRCOLOUR, that you like, on top. You are NOT supposed to leave it just stripped! Read the instructions people!! Says so on the instruction sheet AND the box... when a hairdresser strips your haircolour from darker shade, what colour is it? ORANGE-ish... THEN she puts in a rinse/another haircolour to balance it out!! \

Geeeeeez
    desi1313s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 06:05 PM
    I used L'oreal hair color remover and my hair turned white on the roots and blonde and brown throughout. I redyed it right away like the instructions say to and the color is way too red now. I don't know if I can buy a auburn color and recolor it to fix it or just leave it alone. I don't really like this fire red color.
    IrishBrianna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2011, 12:03 PM
    bhi tu an ghruaige a tarraingt,cathim a ra, na bac leis! Nil se sin ag abalta an gruaige fionn ag cead aris! G n=eiri an ta libh an amadain!

Scriobhnach O cailin o Eire!

xxxxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Hair removal [ 2 Answers ]

Hi am 18 years old and am really having a seroius proplem concerns hair removal.First am having dark thick hair grown on the lower parts of my legs only,after the hair removal session the hair starts to regrow within few days about 5 days,and am so annoyed because it grows too fast.Sometimes most...

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

HELP-hair dye removal [ 1 Answers ]

I'm only 15 I've only ever dyed my hair 3 times... I just want my natural colour back!! My natural hair colour is medium/light brown and about 3/4 months ago I dyed my hair with a temporary red dye which claimed to wash out after 15-20 washes... but after about 30 washes it hadn't washed out...

Ceiling Fan - Light kit removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan - model CC 52HD. It currently has a light kit attached to it and I'd like to remove it, but need the "cap" that should fit over where the light kit currently is attached. Anyone know where I can find one of these? Are they standard?

View more questions Search