Ask
    bhssenior2010 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 08:58 PM
    Is it legal for a 18 year old girl to have sex with a 15 year old boy
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 09:00 PM

Depends on your location.

However, why in the world would a woman want to have sex with a child?

Dec 30, 2010, 09:01 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    Minnesota
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 09:03 PM

In Minnesota it is illegal to have intercourse before the age of 16.

Again, why would a woman want to have sex with a boy?

Dec 30, 2010, 09:05 PM
    Okay thanks. Well it already happened here's the story the mom let me stay the night with him and we started messing around and his mother said it was fine to sleep in the same bed and now he is trying to get me for rape when

He was a week from 16 and his mom knew but know I've heard he is sleeping with a 22 year old so I want to know how I'm the only one getting in trouble

{Comments merged-<>}
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 09:08 PM

Illegal is illegal.

Will the mother testify that she was okay with you (an adult) having sex with her child? Doubtful.

You say he's having sex with a 22 year old now. Is he still 15?

Dec 30, 2010, 09:11 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Not now he is 16 but he was 15 when he was having sex with 22yr old
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 09:16 PM

So he started having sex with the 22 year old within a week of last having sex with you?

Can you prove it?

You said he was a week away from turning 16 when you two had sex.

The thing is, he was 15 when you had sex with him. In Minnesota, that's statutory rape. Unless he, or his parents, report the 22 year, and prove that he was still 15 when they had sex, there's not much you can do.

I wouldn't worry so much about the other child molester. You have to deal with the charges against you.

Have you talked to a lawyer? Have you been officially charged?
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

Dec 31, 2010, 04:04 AM

As you stated ALTEN, the 22year old is guilty of the same criminal offense, the mothers consent means nothing, the subsequent act of him sleeping with the 22 year old means nothing. Statutory rape is a strict liability crime, which means it makes no difference if the boy wanted it, if you knew he was under age, if mom said go for it, you are guilty in the eyes of the law. (the only apparent exception is for child prostitutes--which I think should still be treated as victims and the customers (read rapists) should be prosecuted. [sorry the last part was rant].
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2010, 06:36 AM

First please don't use the Comments feature for followups. Use the Answer options at the bottom of the page instead.

You may have an out. This is covered by:
    609.345 Criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree.

Subdivision 1. Crime defined. A person who engages in sexual contact with another person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree if any of the following circumstances exists:

(b) the complainant is at least 13 but less than 16 years of age and the actor is more than 48 months older than the complainant

So if you were less than 48 months older there may be an out here.

However, there may be other laws that you could be prosecuted for. The FACT here is that you had no business messing around with a minor. The 15 yr old was not legally able to consent. The fact the mother let you sleep in the same bed could be construed to having put you in a position of authority over him which may negate the 48 month rule. If this goes to trial, a jury is not going to look kindly on you taking advantage of the situation by allowing things to go too far. You were the adult and should have known better and not gotten into this situation in the first place.

He's not trying to "get you for rape". It WAS rape because he was under the age of consent. The question is whether you can be prosecuted for it under existing law. And whether he is having sex with anyone else is immaterial to your case. I doubt if a judge would let that even be mentioned in court assuming there was proof of it.

I would advise you to get a good lawyer, because you are going to need one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 07:19 AM

Ok, so the mom is a pimp ? Why did you want to stay the night, why did you want to sleep in the same bed, and why did you want to have sex with a child.

And yes what you did was rape, and yes you can go to prison for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 26 year old girl dating a 18 year old boy, is that wrong? [ 17 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old lady and I am considering dating an 18 year old guy. I just wanted to know what you all think. Is it wrong? He has no problem but his mom do. She thinks I will end up using her son and believe me that is not my intention. Any advice?

View more questions Search