Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melva123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 01:53 AM
    No hot water after freeze?
    Had no water for 4 days, this morning the cold water has come back on but have no hot water running
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 06:32 AM

Hi Melva...

Since hot water freezes before cold water does then it makes sense that the hot water might take a little longer to thaw out...

Turn the heat up in the house to start with and then start to work from the water heater out to the first fixture with hot water and thaw the hot water pipe using a hair dryer or paint stripper gun and see if you can restore flow to the nearest fixture.

Be sure to open the faucet/valve you are working on so steam can escape and you can know when the pipe has thawed, OK?

After hot water runs to the first fixture you can work your way down the piping to thaw the rest of the hot water piping, if needed.

Questions? Let me know...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Can a gas water heater freeze. We have e cold water but no hot water [ 2 Answers ]

.can gas hot water tank freeze

I have very low hot water pressure from my hot water heafrom an electric water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure from my hot water heater. I can't find anything wrong.. any ideas?

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

View more questions Search