Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clairethebear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 06:18 PM
    How do I handle my teenage son who's out of control?
    Please help. My 13 year old son hates me, and tells me all the time how bad of a mother I am. I try an give him what he what's but if I don't then he cries about it all the time until I give in. I have just recently got engaged and he's even trying to split us up, saying that he doesn't like my partner because he's not his dad. His own father died a few years back. I know that there is issues there for him abiut his dad but he won't take to no one about them, he never knew his father. I have tried taking him to doctors, child phycologists, councillors but he won't talk to no one. Help because I don't know what else to do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clairethebear View Post
    Please help. My 13 year old son hates me and tells me all the time how bad of a mother I am.
    This is pretty much par for the course, even if a child that age doesn't have an "excuse" like yours does.
    I try an give him what he what's but if I don't then he cries about it all the time until I give in.
    Please don't give in, even when he cries about it. By giving in, you are only making things worse.
    I have just recently got engaged and he's even trying to split us up, saying that he doesn't like my partner because he's not his dad.
    That's also typical. Why didn't he ever know his father?
    I have tried taking him to doctors, child phycologists, councillors but he won't talk to no one. Help because I don't know what else to do.
    YOU go to a counselor. You're the one in charge and the caretaker, the parent. YOU go to talk about how to do your job and to figure out how to get through to your son. He's walking all over you.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2010, 08:55 PM

+1 to everything WG said!!

You need to grow a back bone honey! Stop letting him have his way, stop getting him what he wants. You have a spoiled child. And you need to break that habit. Its going to be hard, it has gone on for far too long. But it will be worth it in the end. Sit down with him. Explain that the behavior is NOT going to be stood for any longer. Lay out the rules and the consequences for breaking those rules. And STICK TO IT!!

Start with one step at a time. The next time he wants something, tell him NO. and STICK TO IT. It can be hard at first. But if you stick to it it wlil get easier.

And I agree again with WG. YOU go see a psychologist. Find out what is holding you back from being a parent, and get help in bringing out your 'mommy voice' *you know, that big scary voice that makes even adults shake in their shoes when they hear it from mommy*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I took a spirit away from the spirits son who's in jail and now he's going to kill me [ 1 Answers ]

When I first played the ouija board I talked to my grandad and I asked a really personal question about telling something it told me to tell in exactly 6months and that day is the 3/8 then after he told me that I got a new spirit his name was trent he told me he was 14 and his father killed him he...

How to handle my Teenage daughter with dangerous behavior [ 31 Answers ]

I have searched many sites looking for information on my daughter and how to handle her behavior. It seems as though our situation is not unique, but it is most definitely very, very serious. Allow me to summarize: My daughter is 17. Will be 18 in 5 months. After years and years and years...

Teenage Son - I can't take him any more [ 29 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old son, he's disrespectful, hateful, foul mouthed and the boundarys we set mean nothing to him. I can't let him disrupt my home any longer and want to throw him out. Is there any way I can get him out of my house legally?

I am getting married and my fianc? Wants to adopt my son who's father is on death row [ 2 Answers ]

How do we go about doing this? He never signed my sons birth certificate and never paid any child support. My son is 14 now and wants to be my fiancés son. He (my fiance) has been the only father he has ever known since he was 8 weeks old. Also my sons biological father was very violent towards...

View more questions Search