Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SX469 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 06:44 AM
    Am I paid for when my work shuts down for one day because weather? I am Salary.
    My Work shut down for the night shift, that is what I work so they called me and said do not come in. Then I find out the next week that I was not paid for that day when it should not matter because I am on a salary. Who is in the wrong here is it my work because I should get paid no matter what because of my yearly wage? Or is it me? *** help ASAP!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2010, 07:05 AM

Have you went in and talked or asked HR about it first, what did they tell you ?
    SX469 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 08:04 AM
    Yes, they were told by my boss "use his sick pay" which should not be the case.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 24, 2010, 08:14 AM
    No, they can't do that.
    Be careful how you approach this - you don't want to be first on the next layoff bunch.
    I'd say 'I really am due pay if you tell me not to come in, but I can work an extra shift in good weather' or something. It gets tricky with overtime and end of the year closing the books and all.

Sometimes you have to go with the flow a little.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 24, 2010, 09:32 AM

Do you have a contract and is there an employee handbook with policies about your job. What does your job description say about days of work. I am salaried but when we close we have to make up the day, use a personal business day or not get paid. Here is a test question, if you are called in to work on a Saturday or Sunday are you paid extra?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 24, 2010, 09:55 AM
    As well as your contract of employment it also depends on your location as to the over riding employment laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary/do you have to be in the office a certin amount of hrs to be paid for the day [ 2 Answers ]

I left the office sick I was only in the office a few hours do I get paid for the hole day or do I have to be in the office 1/2 day to be paid the entire day

I'm a Salary Employee, that's not getting paid because of Weather [ 1 Answers ]

I work Construction, I am a Salary Employee, I was injured on the Job, my final week at work before I was fired for going to the Emergency room after reinjuring my already bad injury, Now Im being told that my Final Week of Salary does not have to be Paid, because of Bad weather, I was paid for the...

Can a salary employee be punished by unwillingly work an extra day.6th day? [ 1 Answers ]

My employer punishes all salary employees by making them work an extra day a week with no warning... is this legal?

Un-paid salary [ 2 Answers ]

I worked as a sales rep for a physical therapy center (for a short period, two weeks and 2 days) before I quite. I did not trust the owner/president of This small company and the work environ became totally negetive, and besides, I did not want to become too much in hock to him lest I get burned....

View more questions Search