Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Osmund Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2006, 07:52 PM
    How to slimmer my arms
    My arms are getting fat and loose. Anything I can do to make them slimmer but I don't want to widen my shoulder.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Feb 7, 2006, 09:21 PM
    Thank you for posting your question on the Ask Me Help Desk!

Although the question does not exactly fit the gymnastics category, my response to this question will assume that you are a gymnast and have access to some equipment.

It sounds as though you are in need of a more stringent conditioning program. Here are a few exercises that can help the arms (and some other areas) develop muscle strength and endurance.

1. Frisbee walks -- there are four positions to work
    a. head first, tummy down - using an upside down frisbee, place your feet into the frisbee with toes pointed and assume a hollow body push-up position with the head in. While maintaining the hollow, use your arms to walk forward, 1 lap around the floor, allowing your feet to drag behind you in the frisbee. (the frisbee is not required but I like to use it because it prevents the rug burn on the top of the foot otherwise)

b. feet first, tummy down - assume the same position indicated in part "a" but use the arms to push yourself backwards for 1 lap.

c. head first, tummy up - with feet in the frisbee, assume an arched body position with the arms supporting you behind your back. Use your arms to pull yourself backwards for 1 lap around the floor.

d. feet first, tummy up - assume the same position indicated in part "c" but use the arms to push yourself forward for 1 lap.

2. Wall walks - kick to handstand against a wall and use your arms to shuffle sideways. Make sure to go both directions

3. Pullovers - with assistance as needed, perform about 15 pullovers on the high bar each day.

4. Handstand pushups - with a spotter who can hold your legs do 3 sets of 10 by going down and touching your forehead and pushing back up.

There are several more exercises that you could do but these will get you started.

Good luck!
    blondie81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 07:49 PM
    Hhmm... By the wording of your question, I am NOT going to assume that you are a gymnast. Otherwise you would probably not be so concerned with your shoulders growing wider - and you probably wouldn't describe your arms as "flabby". :P
    To slim your arms, it is important to really look at what the arm is made of... muscles, water, skin layers, and really soft fat. So apart from a massive workout routine, I would suggest this:

1. Lower your sodium intake to reduce any possible swelling you have under your arms from water retention.
    2. Start doing daily triceps exercise to tone the muscle and help burn off the fat in the back and underside of the arm. (straighten your arm and motion like you are reaching for something behind you... any exercise that causes the muscle in the back of your arm to flex should be fine.)
    3. Use a skin-firming lotion on your arms each night.
    4. Consider using a daily-use gradual self tanner... tan arms look thinner. Neutrogena's daily skin firming self-tanning lotion works really well, and has the skin firming ingredients in it as well.
    5. Lower overall body weight. If you are getting flabby in any other places besides the arms, it might be best to focus on lowering overall weight than to focus on one specific body part.
    Hope this helps. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny zit like bumps on arms [ 8 Answers ]

For years I have had little bumps on my forearms. Not painful, not rashy. About the size of little zits, but not red at all. Just flesh colored. My bet is that they are hair follicles, but... they never go away or get smaller. Anyone have any ideas as to what they are and how to get rid of...

Right to Bear Arms [ 167 Answers ]

I am just curious about everyone's thoughts regarding the Second Amendment and the Right to Bear Arms. I am specifically curious to hear from those of you that live in countries that have been forced to give up your arms. Are there more crimes now than before? If you live in the US I am...

New spectacle side arms [ 7 Answers ]

I am disabled and living out in the sticks. Can anyone advise me, please, of an online (mail order) spectacle repairer in the UK? I require new side arms fitted. George H.

Numbness in arms [ 1 Answers ]

::)What could cause my arms to suddenly go numb and feel so heavy.I can't lift them when this happens. They feel like dead weight. It comes on suddenly,just out of nowhere.It will last for about five or so minutes,then they just feel funny for a little while after.Thank you for any help you can...

Bumps on arms [ 3 Answers ]

I started shaving my arms a week ago but I have noticed a lot of red bumps along my arms what is this and is there nehting I can do about it

View more questions Search