Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syd80844 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2010, 06:21 PM
    Red line on my computer screen?
    When I turned on my computer screen, a thin red line showed up on the left side of my monitor. I searched what to do, and it wasn't much help. I tried cleanup wizard and display screensaver, but it did not work. I also read that the more you restart your computer, the more lines that'll appear on your screen, but not only will it be just red, it'd be different colors too. I tried doing a spyware and virus scan too. That did not do anything too. Please answer me with a safe and good answer. Thank You! :) I'd like an answer quickly also :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 15, 2010, 06:26 PM

What kind of monitor is it? LCD or CRT (like a tv)?

Sometimes effects can be caused by overscanning. So it depends on what type you have. Also you should have buttons or switchs you can tweak to enhance the picture directly on the monitor.
    syd80844 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2010, 06:46 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    I'm not sure if it is an LCD or CRT, sorry. I tried doing the right click, then properties, then sceensaver, then blank, then preview. They said the red line should not appear. It did though. Thanks, I'll get back to you @sap!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My laptop screen suddenly started shaking and one line appears on the screen [ 1 Answers ]

Mu laptop screen started shaking & some double thin line appears on the top of the screen, I am really scared of that... so many insects move around my laptop most of the time, can anyone please suggest me what can I do to stop screen shaking & remove the lines from screen??

Sometimes when I'm on line my computer screen will trun white and then clear. [ 1 Answers ]

My screen will sometime turn white and stop working.. why is it doing this?

Computer Screen Resolution Problem I accidentally changed the screen resolution [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot do anything to remove it or go anywhere else what can I do to remove it and try to fix the problem it is just stuck on this

View more questions Search