Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfchinni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Why does my refrigerator water dispenser line keep freezing up
    Why does my refrigerator water dispenser line keep freezing
    bustedfrige Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 05:34 AM

This is a common problem with GE side by side refrigerators where the water line freezes in the door. It happened to mine and I spent good amount of time trying to fix it. Ya, it stinks that GE won't fix it but fortunately they have a water line heater that fixes it for $30 and 15 minutes. I noticed a lot of other people having the same issue so I blogged the symptoms, part and the fix. You can read about it here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Side By Side Refrigerator Water Dispenser Freezing [ 6 Answers ]

Anyone have any new ideas or successes solving this question. I have read all of the current postings on thawing the water line on a GE Side By Side Water Line Dispenser. This is my first posting of a question and would appreciate any updates. I know what the problem is (line freezing in the door...

GE Refrigerator In Door Water Dispenser freezing [ 2 Answers ]

Our 5 year old GE Eterna Series fridge has the door water/ice dispenser. The water quit flowing a few days ago but it still made ice. I traced the problem to some ice in the line between the bottom of the door and the dispenser. I used compressed air to get the ice out and it worked again. One...

GE refrigerator water dispenser freezing [ 2 Answers ]

GE side by side refrigerator water dispenser freezes up. Does anyone have a simple solution or jerry rig that can be used. I understand that GE doesn't recognize this as their problem, but they do have a part that can be purchased from them that corrects the problem for a $200 plus service call...

Leaking Water Dispenser Line in Refrigerator [ 4 Answers ]

We have a relatively new Frigidaire side by side refrigerator with water/ice dispenser on the freezer side. For some weeks now, most times we opened the fridge a small amount of water would leak out. We thought at first it might be condensation. Last night, I finally figured out the cause of the...

Hooking up water line to refrigerator for ice maker and water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my problem, I just bought a refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser which by the way is a Haier PRCS25. I then purchased an ice maker kit from the hardware which came with a self piercing saddle valve. From here I connected the valve to a 3/4" copper cold line pipe...

View more questions Search