Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xky64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 04:42 PM
    How to convert Moen single-handle push/pull shower to rotate left/right
    I have a Moen shower handle with push/pull (turn-on/turn-off water) action. It uses Moen 1225 cartridge. Is there a way to convert it to rotate left/right to turn on/off water? Conversion kit available?
    Thanks,
    James
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 05:00 PM

No conversion, you need a whole new mixing valve
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xky64 View Post
    I have a Moen shower handle with push/pull (turn-on/turn-off water) action. It uses Moen 1225 cartridge. Is there a way to convert it to rotate left/right to turn on/off water? convertion kit available?
    thanks,
    James
    OK! Say that it was possible, (which it's not) and we could convert to "left off - right on., Then would you want to control the temperature by " push in for hot and pull out for cold"?
    BTW. Would you care to explain why you want it this way? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have moen single shower handle and when I pull it the water won't come out [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single moen shower handle and when I pull it out neither the shower or bath turns on. How do I fix it?

Re-install Moen single handle shower handle [ 12 Answers ]

My Moen shower handle came off. I see there is a set screw at the bottom of it. The handle attaches to a plastic piece; however, you have to pull out the plastic piece from the wall to get the handle to fit over the plastic and to give the set screw something to set into. How do I pull out...

Need a single handle push pull shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Moen faucet in the shower that broke. My shower is fiberglass and I have old style brass plumbing. I do not want to upgrade my shower at this time. What I need is an older style single lever push/pull shower faucet. Where can I find a replacement?

Moen single lever shower handle hard to push/pull open/close [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen single lever shower handle that is very hard to push/pull open or close. The fixture is approx. 15 years old. I replaced the plastic handle (it was broken inside) and tried to squirt penetrating oil in the valve which had no effect. If I take off the plate can I access and...

Loss of hot water in Moen Shower facet - single, pull handle [ 8 Answers ]

I have lost significant pressure in my shower equipped with a Moen single handle pull out and rotate - R or L. I have a 2nd shower with identical unit - swapped cartridge - no change. Pulled out the posi-pressure valve on the hot side and found some debries, no change in pressure, may be worst....

View more questions Search