Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ryneveld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Honda CRV automatic stalls on drive when cold
    My 2001 CRV starts first time even in the cold and the idle is fine till I change to R or D, it then stalls. Eventually when I get it going, the revs are very low and if I stop it stalls. All problems resolve themselves once the engine is warm. The diagnostic was 100% and Honda blamed it on the LPG conversion, the LPG company said the car running on LPG mirrors it running on petrol and the LPG system is 100%. Be it on petrol or gas, the idle is very low/stalls unless it is in N or until the engine warms up. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
    uptonparkboys Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2010, 02:45 PM
    Hi my problem is similar Have you ever solved it ? I have to warm car up to stop problem
    grahamw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 08:16 AM
    I had mine converted and it did exactly the same. It also required a replacement cylinder head. Once all that was done, the stalling and leap-frogging at junctions continued unabated. I stopped using the LPG for a year and it worked perfectly on petrol. Then the garage suggested a new lubricant injection system - which 'only' cost another £150 fitted! Mug, I went ahead. Guess what? All the problems are back! Grrrr!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Honda Civic nearly stalls after cold start [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX. Here's the problem I've been trying to diagnose: The problem only occurs after the engine has not run for ~8 hours. After starting, (starts just fine), the engine will go several (3-8) episodes where it will appear to "almost" stall: The rpms will drop to almost...

2002 honda crv p1167 [ 1 Answers ]

Engine light is always on on my CRV Honda 2002 4 CYL. We got a reading on scan tools of p1166 and P1167. My mechanic turned off via same tool, light disappear but soon after turning the engine on, the engine light came on and stayed on... 2 questions: 1. what p1166 and 67 stand for and 2. ...

02 tracker stalls after 1 my in cold weather [ 1 Answers ]

I suspect the fuel filter. How do I find and change it?

Riding lawn mower stalls when engaging drive [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a used 8 year old 13 1/2 HP (B/S engine) 42" riding mower. It ran fine for one day. Now it will not allow me to release the brake pedal to engage drive without stalling out. I figure its something simple. Any help would be great! :mad:

Honda has no power. Stalls out in drive [ 5 Answers ]

OK.. I have a 89 honda civic hatchback.. at first my I had a timing problem.. it was off 180 degrees.. well then it wouldn't start because it was not getting spark.. so I replaced the whole distributer (the coil was probably bad) now it starts but has no power what so ever and goes to stall out...

View more questions Search