Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused4luv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 07:31 AM
    I broke up with him, why am I so upset?
    I recently broke up with my b/f, we were going out for just over a year. However, the last couple of months I have been waiting to get the nerve up to break up with him because I just was not happy anymore. He is a great guy and treats me better than anyone ever has, but there are faults as well. He would do anything for me, but I would have to tell him exactly what to do, when to do it, and how to do it... like you would a child, even common sense stuff. That used to aggrevate me to no end and caused a lot of tension and suddenly, a lot of the small things started to become big things. I am very independent and have been on my own for the past 10 years, relying on no one other than me. He, on the other hand, has never been on his own and despite him saying that he hasn't been taken care of, has never had to do live on his own. I am a couple of years older than him and am done school and in my career, he is only just starting school and has another 6 months left and then has to find a job. Im already tired of not being able to do anything with him without me having to pay for it and feel like I'll be waiting a while. I feel bad for thinking like this because it wasn't that long ago when I was in school and not making much money, but I feel like I have that part of my life over with and don't want to deal with it anymore. Plus, there's not guarantee he'll get a job right away, then what? He is in school but he doesn't show much initiative. I do not want someone I have to take care of. We have no sex life anymore because I just do not want to in any way, shape, or form.

But since we broke up Ive been depressed, lonely, hurt, and alone. I have lots of friends and family but he was the one always there with me. Should I get back with him and hope for the best? What if I let him go and end up with a jerk, then I let a good one go, there's not many of them left? Im so confused? :confused:
    froggy14 Posts: 21, Reputation: 7

Jan 14, 2009, 08:41 AM

It sounds like you lost your attraction to him.
    Don't get back with him because you are lonely and feel like you won't find someone else, it wouldn't be fair to him. Let him get over the hurdles he has, because I'm sure, if he's an introspective person he'll figure out his flaws and try to fix them, but in order for him to fix them he has to be alone. So, let him go, if you meet by chance someday, who knows he might have worked out his issues.
    I kind of used to be one of those types of guys, it took some time alone for me to figure things out. I've become a more grounded man and know the deal as I've gotten older.
    Good Luck!
    Conny1111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 11:23 AM
    Relationships are difficult, that's one thing that's certain.. but at the same time their amazing. You shouldn't base your decision to be with him on petty, trivial issues such as him still being in school and not being employed yet. You have to look deep inside and figure out if he's someone who you will miss when your not with him anymore. When your with him do you get that warm-fuzzy feeling? Does he makes you happy when your with him or do you feel like he wears you down? Good things in life are hard to find, and if you love him this relationship is worth fighting for. You should also look at thinmgs from his perspective... school's hard, and the job market is stressful, and brings a lot of anxiety into a person's life; things that your boyfriend must be feeling right now. Be there for him, be a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on. Let him know when he makes you happy, tell him when he makes you sad, and don't ask him for more than he can give. Just be secure in knowing that he's giving you apart of him that's most vulnerable- and that's his heart. Love him for him, not for where he is in life right now, because circumstances change but love remains the same. I hope this helps. All the best :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Upset and don't know what to do [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently in my second year of university and I'm trying to get into dentistry! In order to get into that I need to 2 years of high marks of arts and sciences. This year I have trying really really hard, I got into tests knowing everything but yet, I have failed every midterm. I'm really upset...

Is it over? So upset! [ 7 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me. I posted a question about this same guy a few days ago. I am crazy about my this guy I've been dating, things had been going great I thought. We usually text every day and he has been coming up to see me a lot during the week and staying the whole weekend with me. In...

I am upset [ 2 Answers ]

I just found out that I was pregnant and I went to the doctors office and they did a blood test but they told me I have to come back to retest cuse my hcg is low I don't know what that mean could that mean something is wrong with my baby I am scared me and my husband been playing this pregnancy...

Am I right to be upset? [ 5 Answers ]

I have two children with my husband and he has two from a prior marriage. I have an issue that I cannot seem to get past and am looking for some opionions. I am not going to use any feedback as ammo to start this fight again but am rather looking for a reality check. My stepdaughter was...

View more questions Search