Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckcsons Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 11:28 AM
    Thermostat or Furnace broken?
    When we try to increase the heat temperature, the furnace will turn on (the burner will ignite & blower kicks in) and all of a sudden the it will turn off. It repeats the process about 2-3 times. A light indicators in the furnace is red light -slow and green light - fast blinking. Few hours later the furnace will go on and it continuously go on. Then the house will be heated. It seems that when I want to increase the temperature, it will not work.
    How do you test if the thermostat (we have an electronic one) is bad. Or how do I know idf there is something wrong with furnace.
    I hope someone can help us. Thanks.
    Animallover85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 11:47 AM
    Is the furnace itself electric or gas?
    ckcsons Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 12:43 PM
    Comment on Animallover85's post
    We have gas.
    Animallover85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 10:51 PM
    Comment on Animallover85's post
    Check the pilot light ours does the same thing when it goes out. If not then I would guess you're right about the thermostat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace guso50-2 thermostat wiring instructions for 2 wire thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to hook up a 2 wire heat only thermostat as the door with the weiring diagram is missing it's a goodman guso50-2?

Is my thermostat broken? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a york furnace and it is controlled by a honeywell thermostat. A few days ago I noticed that the temperature was dropping and the furnace was not kicking on. I manually turned off the thermostat and then restarted it, it worked for a few minutes, then it would not restart the furnace. ...

Broken radiator thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to remove a central heating radiator but the themostatic valve has broken how can I remove it

Broken Thermostat? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this board. I am a female and know nothing about heating and air conditioning problems. I have a question about my thermostat control that I hope someone can help me with. Thank you for taking the time to read my question. My house has central heat & air. ...

Thermostat is broken [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore electric dryer that recently quit heating. I bought a new heating element for it and my husband was going to replace it on Saturday. He took the two wires off the thermostat as instructed on a repair site and marked them, however, when he tried to remove the thermostat, it broke....

View more questions Search