Ask
    lynnedeatherage Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 05:25 PM
    LEXMARK X5650 Ink reads low when full
    I need to reset my Lexmark 5650 the ink is reading empty and its new
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 07:55 AM

I'm assuming the ink cartridges you put in are actually new, and not refilled. If they are refills, then you are probably out of luck (or maybe not, as refilled cartridges have been known to cause problems).

I don't know if this applies to your printer or not, but I had an older model that I had to tell it whether the cartridge I put in was a new one or one that I just took out to clean.

You might go into the Lexmark Solution Center program and see if there is a Maintenance item. Perhaps there is something you can do there. You may have to print an alignment page or something to cause it to notice the new cartridges.

I hope this helps.
    WallyH
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 03:33 PM
    I have to ask this question of you, just to make sure this is not an issue. Are you using a factory new ink cartridge?
    Please consider the following:
    If you are using a refilled or third party cartridge that may well be your problem. Most manufacturers build logic into their products to prevent the use of “Other Equipment Manufactured” cartridges as well as re-filled cartridges.
    They do this to prevent problems from contaminated inks causing problems with print quality or damaging the physical printhead.
    If you are using factory new cartridges, then please call the manufacturers Technical Support for assistance with the warranty on the cartridges
    payyanvar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 02:20 AM
    I want to know that can we install ink bottles catridge in lexmark x5650 or we have to get new small cartridge and the cartidge of this printer is very expensive *** ans the question my e-mail id is : [email protected]
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 11:01 AM

No need to send you an email.

You must use the parts and supplies manufactured for that printer.

Using third party products and supplies can cause you to void the printer's warranty along with poor print quality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark printer not really out of ink, but says replace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lexmark printer that won't print any documents because it say need new ink cartridge. I haven't printed many documents, so I just took out the cartridge, shook it and replaced it. Why am I able to print test pages but not word documents? Is there a reset button?

Lexmark X5150 black ink [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have recently installed new ink cartridges in my printer however the black does not seem to work and the colour prints fine. As far as I'm aware I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps that I can. Does any anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Does printing with low ink harm my Lexmark printer? [ 3 Answers ]

Does printing with low ink harm my Lexmark printer?

Printer low/no ink bypass or reset lexmark x2690 [ 3 Answers ]

Good day to all, Does anyone have any idea how to reset or bypass low/no ink alarm on Lexmark x2690? With a tight budget I tried to saving money by refilling the cartridge. I filled it as instructed but I still get the alarm. So far I have removed the printer driver and reinstalled it hoping the...

Lexmark X3350 reset low ink alarm? [ 2 Answers ]

I've replaced the ink cartridges on my all in one but the display keeps showing "low Ink Level' . The printer prints just fine, but I'd like to clear the display. Thank you.

View more questions Search