Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pauline187 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 02:19 PM
    How to stop the computer timing out
    How can I get my computer to stop timing out. When you are off it for about 2 minutes it goes into time out and you have to put your password in to get it back on so can you tell me how to stop this from happening please.

Thank you.

Pauline.

:eek:
    vader85 Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 6, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Right click on your desktop, go to properties, screensaver, then unclick "password protect"
    shayshay2323 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 06:53 PM
    I can't find the screen saver part?? *** help!!
    phlid0r Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2010, 11:03 PM
    Well, assuming you are using Windows of some variety, there are a couple of things to check. If you right click on your desktop, go to properties, there should be a "Screen Saver" tab. If you can't find it here, go to Start, Control Panel, Display Properties, and you should see the screensaver tab. You can either disable the screensaver altogether, or you can at least add a Wait time of as many minutes as you like (Within reason).

The other thing to check, is again in Control Panel, and go to Power Options. In here you can set how long your monitors take to power off etc if they consider the computer to be idle, you can change this option to "Never turn off" or something along those lines.

If this doesn't help, tell us exactly which operating system you are using. If it's windows, you can right-click "My Computer" and select properties from the menu. This will open a system properties window, and the OS info can be found in the System section at the top.

Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I stop computer generated phone calls. [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to "trick" or "fool" a computer generated phone call into thinking that my number is disconnected by repeatedly pressing either the astrick (*) or pound (#) symbol on my phone? If true, approx. how many times would the key need to be pressed?

Yellow light on my start stop button on computer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: Can anyone help me my computer (dell) has a yellow light (clicking noise) on it where the start stop button is on my computer does anyone know how to fix this so the computer will work... HELP:mad: :mad: :confused:

Personal computer as sole computer at work [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a non-profit which has a very low (almost non-existant) budget. When I started work, I agreed to use my personal laptop, which I had purchased about 2 years prior, as my work computer because they could not afford to provide the equipment I needed to do my job (marketing, PR, web...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search