Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexyymandyy26 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 07:40 AM
    Dry skin around my belly piercing
    Hey, I got my belly pierced 2 and a half weeks ago and the top hole is a little bit red and has a small circle of dry skin around it. Is this normal? I've been using savlon antiseptic spray to clean it and sometimes just a little bit of water (not together) but could I put something on it to help the dry skin? :) thanks x
    basicallyiloveu Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Feb 3, 2009, 10:04 AM

Hello! Ermm..At night you can put a moisturiser on the dry skin. If it doesn't get better then i would go to a doctor as it could be slightly infected!?
    SuperGirlsCrazi Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 02:27 PM

Umm... theres an oil at health food stores... its called jojoba oil. When I was guaging my ears they'd get really dry and look similar to what you're describing. One of my friends suggested it. And it seemed to help quite a bit.
    babeygurl_08 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 08:37 PM

Dry skin is deffinetely normal, it will just fall off on its own, so you don't need anything for it, but it could also mean you are overcleaning it which is no good. And the redness will go away once it starts healing more and more, so just make sure to wash your hands all the time before touching it and don't worry about driness.
    boothanq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 08:08 PM
    I have the same thing!
    I told the guy who pierced it (pro btw) he just said to wash my hands beefore touching it, clean with q tip & spray my h2o ocean spray and the dry sky will go.
    kss2209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Its been 2 weeks since my navel was pierced I'm only using provon soap to clean it it ihas no puss no odor isn't overly sore but its still very red an dry around the balls? Any ideas or is this normal & I only wash it twice a day once in the a.m once before bed.
    sophia mendez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 08:41 AM
    I have the same thing ,no pus no oder just dry and red between the 2 holes not around the hole but between them please help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self belly piercing. [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I really want my navel pierced but my mum being my mum she said no I've got everything you would need to get it done lying about my room and I no how to serilise it etc My questions are, Should you go from top to bottom or bottom to top? How much forse should you apply on the needle to...

Belly piercing [ 5 Answers ]

HOW dO I PiERCE MY bELLY bUttON bY MYSELf? KUZ MY MOM tOLd ME SHE Won't tAkE ME tO GEt it dONE:( bUt if I dO it MYSELf SHE Won't MAkE ME tAkE it OUt:).. & if it GEtS iNfECtEd itS MY PRObLEM... bUt I don't WANt it tO GEt iNfECtEd tHO.. SO dOES ANYONE kNOE HOW tO dO it RitE?

About my new belly piercing? [ 1 Answers ]

Heey , I got my belly pierced 4 days ago and the bar keeps turning to the left I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it will always stay like this or when I change it and I can move it about more it will be straight? Thanks :) x

Belly piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I had my belly button pierced about 6yrs ago and have never had any problems with it but all of a sudden it has started to feel irritated and looks a bit red. I took it out for a few days gave everything a good clean but have just tried to put it back in and it has instantly got irritated and red...

View more questions Search