Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shirlric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting?
    I have had my Harbor Breeze Fan for approximately 6 years. Recently it started making a noice (like loose bearings - if that makes sense to you). Suddenly, my fan stopped working. The lights inside the casing and in the light kit are working but the fan doesn't work at all. I love the fan and would just replace it but there is no model even similar offered by Harbor Breeze. I checked the Harbor Breeze webside today and had no luck finding anything I like near as much. I don't see a model number on my paperwork but the item# is 153493. Don't know if that is any help. It is a 52 In. Cortland Sandlewood Ceiling Fan. Is it possible to purchase a replacement motor? Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 06:54 PM

You are in luck, I can't help you much but Ceilingfanrepair has just returned after a few months AWOL. He should be here shortly to help you
    archman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2011, 07:46 AM
    Yes since you have an item number you should be able to go to Lowe's and have the electrical department look up the item number(and associated model) and recommend a replacement motor I do home repair and have similar issues with 3 harbor breeze fans the problem that I have is finding the model numbers it looks like I will have to dissasemble the ligth kit on one to get the model number unfortunately you are at the mercy of the local electrical dept at Lowe's I have complained about this because they have buyers that specialize in these fans but will not give me access most of these fans have the same or one of 3 motors then the light kits and remote controls are peripherals problem I have is no parts blow up and no one to talk to about manufactruing issues such as ability to lubricate bearings type of pull switches etc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze Armitage ceiling fan that was installed about 2 years ago. Several weeks ago, I turned it on at the wall switch as usual. Athe light came on but the blades do not move. I hear a humming noise when it is turned on. I have read about a "capacitator" part that may need to be...

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze ceiling fan that has a remote. I connot use the remote to turn on the ceiling fan or lights. I can still turn the light on with the pull chain, but the ceilling fan and the light are on, I got flicker on the light bulbs. Please help.

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 5 Answers ]

Our fan and light worked fine up to about three months ago when the light stopped working. I removed the bulb, thinking it needed replacement but it looked fine. It was tested at the hardware store and they confirmed nothing is wrong with it. Remote shows ability to adjust level but nothing...

Harbor breeze ceiling fans troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze ceiling fan that has a remote and no pull chains it was working fine until I blow a breaker in the room, fan works but light won't come on. Changed all three bulbs one was blown and just got a little flicker in one or two light bulbs but light still won't work help please

Harbor Breeze ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

Got a ceiling fan with lights and the unit went dead. Have no owners manual.In the light unit there is a purple wire that is loose and I can't seem to find where to connect it. Also there is a black unit with 2 gray wires on one side and a red, a brown and that purple wire on the other side . There...

View more questions Search