Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bervinsgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 06:17 AM
    Son needs help with court fines.
    My son, recently married and a new father ( and step father to two children) has made some really BAD financial decisions. He was in trouble with the law in his younger days, spent time in work release, and when he was released, he still owed huge court fines. He got married to a girl that had two children, and they had a child of their own. He still has these huge court fines over him, he has no education, has trouble finding a job, and finding a place to live. It takes everything he has just to pay on his fines, and lately, he gets arrested because he can't pay his fines on time, thus adding more courtcosts and fines. He is getting desperate, and I am afraid that in his despair, he will turn back to a life of crime. Is there anyway that he can get help paying his fines, courtcosts, etc? His drivers license was suspended, and he can't get another one until his fines are paid, so that is another problem. He can't get help with housing, they say because he has a felony on his records. He has tried to straighten his life out, but he can't catch a break. There is no one else in the family to help him, and I am not financially able to help him. Any advice is greatly appreciated on how to help this young family get a fresh start in life. I don't want that precious little baby girl he has to suffer because her parents can't get past their mistakes in life.
    Belah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 03:12 AM
    Hi my son is doing period detention for 14mths for drink driving, which he started Sat 20th Nov. Yesterday Mon 22nd Nov he got his car clamped. He has outstanding fines which amount to $940. He receives the DPB for one child and has been to WINZ for financial help, they will only assist if the car needs repairing. He has been to the fines department of the Manukau Courts to try to maike some kind of arrangement where he can pay off the fine, but they weren't able to help as well. We would appreciate any advice you might have.

Thank you
    maurerpower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 12:45 AM
    I to have this problem is there no company or org. or program some one has that helps pay this so that we don't end up where we all don't want to go things get ruff and we go broke trying to pay rent etc. what dose a person do someone should do something maybe a web site to help people with this would be a good idea ask people to donate the funds for people like us any one have any other bright plans id like to know because I've looked up all I could every where and there's nothing on helping people with fines..?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice before court? [ 8 Answers ]

This is kind of an update on a thread I started before. I had written about my fiance's ex not giving him his visitation and that my fiance' hasn't seen or spoken to his daughter since April. My fiance' calls weekly to try to talk to his daughter, but his ex never answers. Well for some reason, she...

Nonattendance at court [ 2 Answers ]

To Whom Can Help And Answer My Questions I Was Working For United Air Lines For Almost 5 Years ,I Have Been Working Very Hard Almost 16 Hours Per Day And My Background Is Middle Eastern ( Although I Am Usa Citizen )so While I Was Working I Was Treated Unfairly By Some Of My Supervisors And I...

Going to Court [ 10 Answers ]

I have a question, I am going to court for a debt with a law office regarding a credit card that I have been paying since last July. I have sent letters to the law office stating that I owe the debt and that I intend to pay it and have been paying each month. They wanted a certain amount I did...

Dui fines [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got a dui in 1999 I was 20 at the time. I spent two days in jail and was released after I went to court. This is the only time I've been in trouble before and still to this day. I pleaded guilty for charges of driving under the influence, driving on a suspended license, giving false...

Bankruptcy court [ 0 Answers ]

My husband and I will be going to bankruptcy court in 4 days and 2 days ago had a phone conversation with the Trustee.He ask all the questions we thought was going to be ask in court plus some.What can we expect now and what are the questions we can expect now.I am so nervous I hope I can answer...

View more questions Search