Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coitst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 04:11 PM
    I want to know if my neighbor is harassing me
    I own my home and my neighbor of about 5 months is renting his house, I have had the police at his house twice, because he kept blowing the leaves in the road or making piles at the end of my driveway, after I nicely asked him several times not to do it. The second time the police came, they gave him a ticket because he was nasty to the police. He has given me the finger, yell at me, and called me swear names,(this man is probably 60). He turns his truck sideways in the driveway in the middle of the night and shines his lights in my house. Now he is making piles of leaves against a chain link fence which is the only thing that separates our property, so all the leaves are coming in my yard anyway. I talked with the home owner in person after the first police visit, not very helpful, her answer was as long as they pay the rent. Today I called her again, this is about two weeks after the second police visit, and after he was ticketed. Her response was I am not getting involved, and I haven't had time to talk with them, and again she said as long as they pay the rent that it was not her problem. I told her she is responsible for her property,(if someone was to get hurt). She got very nasty with me, and told me I could call her lawyer, and that she was reporting me to the police. It is sad that these people want to get rent money but don't want to be responsible for nothing, Not only is this neighbor disrespecting me, but disrespecting all the other neighbors. This all started with him shooting skunks and killing them, and another neighbor called the police, and he thinks I did it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by coitst View Post
    I want to know if my neighbor is harassing me
    Hello c:

No. You're harassing him. You called the cops over a pile of LEAVES.. Dude!

excon
    coitst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello c:

No. You're harassing him. You called the cops over a pile of LEAVES.. Dude!

excon
    If you finished reading my explanation you would see it all started with shooting a gun, and I am not talking about a few leaves, I am talking about huge piles at my driveway or property line after I have spent days and days cleaning my yard
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2010, 04:45 PM

It looks to me like there is harassment going on on both sides.

As for the property owner. Inform her that you will be keeping a log of any offenses he commits and you will be regularly informing her about them. Advise her, that if she fails to do anything and he does any real damage, she will be held liable.

The next thing is to call the police ONLY if a law has been broken. Making piles of leaves on the property line is unlikely to be illegal.
    animalsforlove Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 02:27 PM
    Well I don't want you to feel left out. We have people across the way from us that do that kind of thing and tear up the grass in our front yard with their vehicles and you talk about the physco, I mean,really,physco. They guy drives a truck and he shouldn't even be allowed behind the wheel the way he goes off. The law has taken reports and talked to him about things he has done,but doesn't work. I think that the law is afraid of the physco. His wife,what a loser herself. She won't talk to anyone by herself,she has to get her lousy husband to do it for her and even when it comes to talking to another woman,she is chicken poop. She is the biggest cry baby I have ever seen,she's actually more like a little kid than anything the way she whines about every little thing and has to get her way.If it don't go her way,she tells her husband and he goes off on his fits and outrages and it don't matter if it is a man or woman,he goes off on them. Talk about made for each other, they sure are.So, coitst, your not alone and prob. Don't have to deal with half as much as we do. Just pray he hasn't threatened to shoot you as this idiot has done to us.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2010, 02:05 PM

Piles of leaves are not dangerous. I'm sure there is some sort of leaf pick up in your area and the leaves will be gone. Leaves and grass clippings are not against the law to blow onto someone else's property. You could use a mulching mower and mow over the HUGE pile of leaves so they won't blow on your property if you are that freaked out about them.

Who fired the gun shooting the skunks?

Apparently the landlord is not interested in your complaints as they feel that leaves are not their concern. Nor the shining of headlights either.

Try not to keep bothering the landlord with your complaints against their tenant. It will only come back to haunt you or bite you in the behind sooner than you think. Just ignore them and they will soon get another target in the neighborhood to "disrespect".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassing neighbor [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are separated. And I live ith my father. My neighbour whenever possible tries to tell me something bad about my parents and that my father is a bad person and that I am bad too. Also says that my parents have a bad character. I just can't hear that anymore and also know that my parents...

What to do about a harassing neighbor [ 6 Answers ]

I can not do anything to my property with out her giving me problems. When I put up a fence she called the building inspector on me, he then told her that I am within my rights,and with in the law. Next I built a garage, again had permits, she tries to find faults,but again building inspector...

What to do about a harassing neighbor [ 1 Answers ]

Can I take them to court and sue for harassment

I have a neighbor that is harassing me [ 7 Answers ]

I have neighbor who is harassing me about my dogs. He really trying to distract his wife from the fact that he is having an affair with the women on th other side of him. So he daily tells his wife took keep an eye on me because of the dogs. He has lied to police on a number of occasions and I...

Harassing Neighbor [ 12 Answers ]

We moved into our house 7 months ago and our neighbor has called several times to complain about various things. The latest phone call was in regards to my husband smoking a brisket for MY birthday party! She claims that the smoke hovers in her back yard and she and her husband are not able to...

View more questions Search