Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vickieb101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 04:21 PM
    Current in the pigtail of gfi breaker
    I installed a 2 pole 30 amp gfi breaker for a pool pump. It would not operate unless the pigtail was disconnected from the bus bar. Checking the disconnected pigtail has 120 volts.
    I capped it and checked the bus bars --both ground and neutral show current... hummm any suggestions?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2010, 08:32 PM

Are you installing this on a sub panel? Can you tell me where you are putting the wires from the pump?
    vickieb101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 03:10 PM
    Comment on Missouri Bound's post
    Thanks for your quick response,, but after lying awake it came to me... I am sleepy but everything is working fine and there is no more current in the neutral.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 07:32 PM

For the record and future readers, what error did you correct, please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can hook up a 110v gfi breaker of one leg ogf a 220v 50 gfi [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 50 amp 220 v gfi hooked up to my hot tub, I ran a 110 v 10 amp gfi off one leg for the underwater light just for extra safety, is this safe to do? I have heard on TV that you can not run 1 gfi off another. Or is this just pertaining ti wall outlets?

To pigtail or not to pigtail -- wiring double gang box [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to wire a double gang box with two pair of receptacles on the same circuit and not switched. Technique 1: One source told me it is preferable to pigtail hots, neutrals, and grounds to each receptacle in the box so that a possible future receptacle replacement might be easier. ...

Bathroom GFI outlet trips breaker at breaker panel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. Our house is approximately 13 years old. Each morning when both the iron and blow dryer is plugged into two separate GFI outlets in the master bathroom, the circuit will trip the 15 amp breaker in the breaker panel. Is it possible to upgrade the breaker to a 20 amp without...

GFI Breaker ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a generator with a 240v main breaker. I want to step down to wire 2 120v outlets. I have ran the wire from the main breaker to my sub panel (50 amp GFI), connected the neutral to the ground bar and the pigtail out of the double pole breaker to the neutral bar as well as the neutral to the...

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

View more questions Search