Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malcolmpordes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Put back screen in shower head
    I have a Kohler shower. I think the model is K-T14420.

The other day a plumber came to replace the valve that was clogged up. He also removed the screen to increase the flow. However I want to put the screen back, as the pressure is now to high. I don't know how to do this.

I removed the head and placed the screen in the pipe coming out from the wall. The head would not fit back into the pipe.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 12, 2010, 08:42 PM

The best way of doing this is to call the plumber back and tell him to do it. Removing a screen has nothing to do with the valve he replaced. If you want to do it yourself try page 9 http://catalog.kohler.com/onlinecata.../1031692_5.pdf
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2010, 01:17 PM
    You might have put the screen in backwards or not pushed it in far enough for the threads to grab. Sometimes the sealing washer is hard to push in.

Nov 13, 2010, 06:54 PM
    Thanks for your replies. I wan't putting the screen in as shown in the diagram in the manual, so I will try again.

Nov 13, 2010, 07:30 PM
    I see from the manual that the ball socket has to come out so that the screen fits in behind it. Does the ball socket pull out or unscrew? I don't want to damage it by trying to get it out the wrong way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Can I cut a fiberglass shower and put back together [ 1 Answers ]

We have a one piece fiberglass shower unit that we cannot fit into the bathroom. Can we cut it in half and put back together? How would we cut it and what would we use to seal it back together? Need help asap...

Put shower doors back on [ 2 Answers ]

My wife took doors off to clean, I am trying to figure out how to put them back

Is it good to put plastic behind shower wall or will it make back mold [ 1 Answers ]

I put plastic behind a shower wall will it trap water and make black mold

Screen and icons unable to get screen back to normal size [ 2 Answers ]

I have been unable to get my screen back to normal size, everyone else that logs in hah no problem but my Icons are to large as well as my back ground I am unable to read my emails and of course I am very fustrated, can you please help me?

View more questions Search