Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GaBankerGirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 08:41 AM
    1950 $5 (five) dollar bill - How much is it worth?
    Serial # B52499934 C

Signatures: Priest/Humphrey

This bill has no tears or stains. All writing is very clear. The bill is a little wrinkled. A little crisp.

Any info will be greatly appreciated! :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 09:04 AM

Usually in pristine condition about 7 dollars, but that bill may still be in circulation, in use, is what I mean, so only worth five dollars. Ones with a very low circulation number and in pristine condition could be worth twelve dollars.

Tick
    GaBankerGirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 09:12 AM

Thanks...
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2010, 10:42 PM

GaBankerGirl_ I need a couple Questions on your note you have
    (#1)- From going by the serial number, I would say that the one you have is DATE SERIES {1950A) NOTE O h _ AND ALSO BY THE SIGNATURES } I need to know for sure;;>(#2)- ON the face side ,the left end ,there is a seal with a { L etter in the center of the seal WHAT IS THE LETTER? :< From the serial number I take it that it is a {B} Which is the district number for [NEW YORK CITY F>R>Bank; THERE ARE 12 distric banks across the U.S.A.;; BUT I need to know for sure:::? WAITING YOUR REPLY ; HAVE a great night and GOD BNLESS::F.B,E.
    trussell Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2010, 10:55 AM
    I have a 1950 five dollar bill and I would like to know more about it ? And how much it might be worth if its worth anything at all?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2010, 08:27 PM

GABankerGril- I believe that the one you have ios a 1950A series,;Also the signatures are PRIEST AND HUMPHRY; NOTE- in the serial number-the first letter is a ( B ) which means it is erom the NEW YORK FEDERAL RESERVE BANK :: VALUES ON THIS NOTE FROM THE 2010 BOOK ON PAPER MONEY IS { VE-20=$10.00, and for UNC-63= $25.00 ;; NOW IE there is a * (STAR ) AT the start of the serial number or there is one at the end of the serial number ,Please let me know ,becsause they are a lot more valuable{ NOTE} I
    want you to go to this site here on collectables and study the requirements for the different conditions and grades on paper money ;GO TO ;;; 1.9)how do you grade the condition of paper money ;; I hope that this answers all your questions;if you need any more help just come back to the collectables site and holler for me ;; Have a great night and a better tomorrow and GOD BLESS::F.B.E.
    mrs mac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 06:54 AM
    On my 5 dollar bill I see a small j in left corner and under the series it a ineed to know more can you help
    mrs mac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 06:56 AM
    I am new at this but I need answers and help with this I have a five dollar bill dated 1950 and need to know a little more about it will you help me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is my 1976 2 dollar bill worth [ 6 Answers ]

How much is my 1976 2 dollar bill worth

1953 two dollar bill, worth? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 1953 two dollar bill in very goo condition. The bill is still very crisp. What is it worth? Thanks

What's my two dollar bill worth [ 1 Answers ]

I have two $2.00 bills that are dated 1976. On one of them my grandfather wrote at the bottom 4-13-1976 1st issue. I will call this one A. The issuing bank is a "G" on banknote A with the serial number G12037878A. In the upper left corner across from the 7 is B4 and on the right bottom hand side is...

How Much is a 1928 G Series Two Dollar Bill Worth? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1928 g series 2 dollar bill without the star in front of the serial number it has a little tape on it and a small tear how much is it worth?

View more questions Search