Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrischaffins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2010, 03:53 PM
    How do I log in to my modem
    This is where I can log in but I don't know my info http://192.168.0.1/index.asp
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2010, 03:57 PM

I think you want to log into your router not your modem. You don't log into a modem. What info is being asked for that you don't know? What are you trying to do in the router configuration?
    chrischaffins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2010, 04:10 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    It asked me User ID: Password:
    It's the back office?

I need to set my wireless password
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2010, 04:20 PM

First please don't use the comments feature for follow-up. Use the Answer options instead,

What do you mean by "back office". Was a password ever set? If not the default should be listed in the router manual.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 5, 2010, 09:11 AM

What type of router is it? You can Google search for the default Username and password assuming it hasn't been changed.

Also like ScottGem had said, it's listed either in your manual or on a label on the bottom of your router.

192.168.0.1 is most likely going to be Netgear or D-Link but it could be many others so for me to tell you the defaults would be useless because I would be guessing!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telabs 8110 modem ican I used it as leased line modem [ 3 Answers ]

In my office there is a Tellabs 8110 modem from where internet is connected . Is it is a leased line modem or it is a fixed ip broadband modem :)

How to compute t= log 1500 - log 1000/4log 1007.5 [ 3 Answers ]

How many years will it take 1000 to grow to 1500 if ti is invested at 3% . A) compounded quarterly, B) compounded daily

Solve 1/2log[base64] - log[basex]=log 6 [ 3 Answers ]

1/2log - log=log6 1/2log - log=log4

What is the difference between dialup modem and a Broadband modem? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference between dialup modem and a Broadband modem?:confused:

Broadband Modem & Modem with Router (DSL-2640B) [ 1 Answers ]

When I'm connecting broadband using D-Link ADSL broadband Modem, the connected computer will connect to Internet after verifying username and password. If I'll replace that modem with D-Link DSL-2640B (A broadband ADSL Modem WiFi router) then will this router can connect to Internet automaticall...

View more questions Search