Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjkinch Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 06:48 PM
    Uterus measuring 5 weeks, but all urine tests negative??
    A few things to explain. First, my last normal period was Sept. 2. I had unprotected sex (using the withdrawl method) during my fertile days. Shortly after than, I started thinking I was pregnant. I know that sounds strange, but I felt the same way with my son. I couldn't stand the two week wait so I took some HPT... all negative. My cycles are 27 days. On September 30, I started bleeding. It started brown. A couple hours later it got bright red. It was not enough blood to soak a pad and it was done the next evening. That is NOT like my period at all. A week before my period, I get VERT hungry, I have a lot of bowel movements (sorry TMI), and the day my period is going to start, I have really bad lower back pain. NONE of that happened when I started bleeding on September 30. I decided to take another pregnancy test, a digital one, again it was negative. I decided to wait unitl my next period was supposed to start before going to the doctor. Since the middle of September, I have had numerous pergnancy symptoms. I have two children so I know what to look for. Anyway, I started bleeding again, this time on the 27th day... right on time. However, it was exactly like the last time I bleed. I decided it was time to go to the doc. She laid me on the table and started measuring my uterus. Then, she says that I am measuring 5 weeks! If I am pregnant, I would be 9 weeks, not 5. Also, don't you think that I would have had a positive urine test by now? She ordered blood work but I don't have the results. She also didn't do an internal exam. I am just really confused. There are so many things that are adding up to pregnancy, but the tests say not pregnant. What else would make my uterus measure 5 weeks? Also, I should also say that I have gained noticeable weight in my belly area... nowhere else... and all since September. I can't fit into any of the pants I was wearing in August. Anything I Google that could make your uterus grow cause really bad pain and heaving bleeding... which I don't have. Any help would be great!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2010, 03:38 AM

If it turns out that you are indeed pregnant, perhaps you just weren't as far along as you first thought.

Keep in mind as well, that measuring the fundal height is not the most accurate means of determining how far along you are (although earlier measurments tend to be closer than later ones) so it wouldn't be surprising if it were off a bit which is not uncommon.

As far as the pregnancy test, some women just don't get an accurate reading from a urine test. Wait and see what results you get from the blood work.

If you are pregnant, once you get an ultrasound done, you will get a closer idea to how far along you are.

If you are not pregnant, the ultrasound can also be used to look for another cause.
    tjkinch Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 08:52 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    Well, turns out my HCG is -1.2. So, not pregnant. I am going insane. I have every symptom you can think of. I don't understand what is going on. I won't be seeing my doc until Tuesday. I am scared that something serious is going on!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False Negative blood and urine pregnancy tests? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 29 been trying to get pregnant for months... My last period is now almost 10wks ago.(70days) I have been to the doctor several times and several tests have been done... All pregnancy tests come back negative... my progesterone was also low, so doctor said I probably never ovulated... Why? ...

Type you've taken tons of urine tests and they all came out negative. [ 5 Answers ]

I've taken tons of urine tests and they all came out negative. Next thing I know the top of my tummy started to firm up but the bottom of my tummy is flabby and poking out. I started throwing up for a couple of days and before that I had a random nose bleed. And I started feeling like movements in...

Can I be pregnant and have negative urine tests? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, This is my first time using this site. I am in need of answers, so please anyone that would be able to give me an answer is welcome. I am 30 years old, and I already have a 7 year old boy. I have a boyfriend that I have been seeing for a while. We had unprotected sex once. I...

View more questions Search