Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hosstheboss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 07:20 AM
    how to build a concrete platform for a washer/dryer in an uneven basement?
    the back part of my cellar where I have my washer and dryer is uneven, and slopes from back to front, over this area it is about 2 inches uneven. Should I use 2x4 or bigger wood to use as a form for my concrete pad? Any other tips?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2010, 08:46 AM

Would recommend 3'' concrete at back with wire mesh in concrete. Also some pins into existing concrete.

Extend pad enough to stand on when loading washer, about 24''.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do build a deck over uneven concreate patio. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to find information on how to build a deck over and uneven concreate surface, I have minimal height from the concreate to the door of the house approx 20cm there for am unable to use bearers and joists plus decking surface, are there any tips out there. I would be greatfull for any...

Washer/dryer in basement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a washer and dryer that I am trying to hook up in my basement . I have a septic system and the main pipe going out of my house is about 5 feet high from the floor. How do I run the drain pipe to drain into the main pipe out?

Build Shower Platform & Install Above Ground P-Trap in Basement Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this site. I tried to find the answer in previous posts and did find some great info, but I still have some questions :) This is what I want to do: Install a corner shower with dimensions 36" in x 36" in the basement, build a platform, & add an above ground p-trap. ...

Move toilet 3 feet over concrete slab, building platform [ 6 Answers ]

I know there have been many other posts about moving toilets, which have been quite helpful, but I'm posting this to get additional info for my particular project. The renovation is for a 60"x90" bathroom that currently has an unnecessarily large vanity and the toilet as a focal point. See...

Moving washer and dryer to basement [ 3 Answers ]

I am buying a new house that has the washer and dryer located on the main floor, but I want to move it into the unfinished basement (as well as add a laundry tub). There is a rough in for a bathroom directly below where the washer and dryer are currently located, and I'd like to move the washer...

View more questions Search