Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llinda Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 07:48 PM
    How to eliminate smell of bacon?
    Is there any good way to get rid the smell of bacon? We really like bacon, but every time I cook it it permeates the house for days!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 07:52 PM

We bake it. It is more tender and flavorful, yet doesn't stink up the house as much. 350 degree oven (slices laid on a crinkled foil sheet which is on a cookie sheet) for 20 minutes or so.

Nov 2, 2010, 08:16 PM
    Thanks, I agree. But the damage has already been done. Maybe a bowl of charcoal...
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2010, 08:20 PM
    Baked bacon is The Best Ever. E-V-A

For days? Really? We cook it almost every other weekend and, while it lingers, it isn't the dominant olfactory sensation for days...

Nov 2, 2010, 08:21 PM
    Thank you, I agree. But the damage has already been done... Maybe put some bowls of charcoal briquettes around to absorb the smell? Boy, it really bothers me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 08:24 PM

Spray Fabreeze on cushions and drapes, sprinkle carpet freshener and vacuum, light a fragrant candle, clean the bathroom with Lysol, light and partially burn matches while walking around the house and blow them out, allowing the smoke to float into the air, air out the house by opening windows.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2010, 08:29 PM
    Boiling water with lemons/lemonjuice can do wonders, in my dishonest opinion.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 08:31 PM

Or simmer vanilla or cinnamon in water.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2010, 08:34 PM
    Or both. Cinnamon with vanilla was a really popular kitchen candle scent when I ran a candle biz some time back..
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Nov 3, 2010, 03:56 AM

I find when the floors have been mopped with Pine Sol, boy do all the other odors fall into the background! In addition to WG's suggestion of the bathrooms, spraying the kitchen with Lysol deodorizer will help break up the odor.

Personally, I prefer the odor of bacon over Pine Sol or Lysol. Much more homier scent. I loves me bacon. :)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2010, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Another_Lemming View Post
    I luvs me bacon. :)
    Hello l:

I WISH my house smelled like bacon... I make ham hocks and beans. It's one of my favorite comfort foods... Those pork ham hocks spread their deliciousness throughout my house, and I LOVE it..

Yeah, I'm a little weird.

excon
    chefpierce Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Dec 23, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Baking soda... Open a box in the kitchen and let it sit, or where ever you rest your bacon... Over time it will dissipate, but until then, crack a box of the good ol arm and hammer!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by llinda View Post
    How to eliminate smell of bacon?
    Hello, llinda:

Cook fish.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Sewer with horriable smell of gas fumes and sour smell ,toilet smell.unit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a low rental, had complained since I have moved in on, June,26/2010... have called city of winnipeg was told private property. Called the water waste line.. they did nothing and the smell is still in the unit. The development, was build in 2007.. the air vents where the heat comes from,...

The bacon tree [ 3 Answers ]

Two Mexicans are stuck in the desert, wandering aimlessly and close to death. They are close to just lying down and waiting for the inevitable, when all of a sudden... 'Hey Jose, do you smell what I smell. Ees bacon I is sure of eet.' 'Si, Luis eet smells like bacon to meee.' So, with...

Bacon Wrapped Bacon [ 13 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I always comment on how bacon makes everything better. Jokingly, I always say that someday I am going to make bacon wrapped bacon. Now I need some help. :-D I have a vision of some sort of ball made of crushed bacon and bread crumbs... maybe fried, then baked with a strip...

Man eats bacon [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a film a long time ago where a man goes into a room asks some questions and then proceeds to eat bacon. After this is a lot of killing. Help me please!

View more questions Search