Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimmy1640 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 09:42 PM
    My period is 4 months late and I am not pregnant, can I still get pregnant?
    Hello, The first day of my last period was 5/22/2010 and it lasted for 5 days. Since then I have not seen a period. I have taken at best 15 home pregnancy test of various brands and they have all come back negative. I even went the length of going to the local health department to have two pregnancy test and they were both negative as well. I'm sure I need to consult a physician, but I have not. I am soon to be 27 in less than two weeks and I have been on birth control pills since a month after my 16th birthday and my period was always regular. However, I stopped taking my birth control pills after all of my April (2010) pills were gone. So considering that, can someone please help me understand what may possibly going on. Also my fiance' and I are interested in having a baby and would like to start trying to do so right away, so my next question is... can I still get pregnant considering I have not had a period in the last 4 months? Please help if you can.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 09:52 PM

You really need to see your doctor about this.

It could be that your body hasn't been able to regulate itself since you went of the pill. Sometimes it can take a while to get back on track.

The fact is, we can't give you an accurate diagnosis. It's best to see your doctor to find out 100% what's going on, especially since you want to start trying to conceive.

I wish you all the best. Let us know what the doctor says. :)
    babygirl808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 05:48 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you.. the only thing is I was never on the pill. And I had my period only three times after I gave birth. My daughter is now 8months old and I have not got mine in 4months. And I did HPT all negative I even did a blood test and it was negative. But I had seen online one time that there is a chance for a blood test also read wrong.. depends on how much hcg u have... I wish you the best of luck as myself also =)
    ctarasau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2010, 08:24 AM
    I am not a professional, but I have irregular periods as well. I have to stay on birth control to stay regular. I have something called polycystic ovary syndrome. From everything I have studied, if you are no t menstruating, you are not ovulating. So no period, no ovulation, no baby. That is just what I have learned from reading online posts from doctors.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ctarasau View Post
    I am not a professional, but I have irregular periods as well. I have to stay on birth control to stay regular. I have something called polycystic ovary syndrome. From everything I have studied, if you are no t menstruating, you are not ovulating. So no period, no ovulation, no baby. that is just what I have learned from reading online posts from doctors.
    I just have to mention that just because you're not menstruating doesn't mean you can't or won't get pregnant. Women ovulate before they menstruate, so it's very possible that you can get pregnant even though you haven't had a period for months, even years.

When a woman has a baby it can take a long time for her body to regulate back to normal. Also, breastfeeding can prevent you from getting your period. But, relying on breastfeeding as a birth control method is very risky. Like I said, you ovulate before you menstruate. There have been women that went from one pregnancy to another without having a period in between.
    WriterGirl_15 Posts: 79, Reputation: -3

Dec 20, 2010, 10:21 AM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    I agree with altenweg. See your doctor soon; she can best answer your questions.
    bestbessie Posts: 45, Reputation: 10

Dec 29, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Yes I was one of those women who didn't have a single period after my baby's birth but got pregnant when the baby was 10 months old!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No period for 2 months and not pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am getting a little worried I have not had a period for 2 months and have done 3 pregnancy test and all came back negative. I am always been regular. I have notice I haven't had interest in wanting sex. What's going on with me please help me to ease my mind. I called the doctor office and...

No period for nearly two months. Am I pregnant? [ 19 Answers ]

We have been trying for a baby since July and the first day of my last period was 21st September. My boobs were sore a couple of weeks ago and I have had some strange feelings to the left of my belly button, but apart from that, no other symptoms. I can't tell if my boobs have got bigger or not....

No Period Since two months ,I am I pregnant ? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 22 years old, usually I have irregular period, I got my last period since two months and till now I didn't get it . And I feel like vomiting at the evening. I donate blood before one month and I am stressing so much about my study and exams in this period. I tried the Urea pregnancy test...

2 months late, 2 negative tests. Could I be pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I'll start with the dates... October 1st, I had my period (start day). October 6th I had to take the morning after pill. Then October 16th my former partner and I had unprotected sex again cancelling out the pill. Its now December 1st and I still have no period. Could I be pregnant? I...

No period for 2 months and not pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

The last time I had my period was March 22nd. Nothing in April and nothing in May. I went to the Dr. for a pregnancy test, that came back negative, so they did a blood test for pregnancy. That was also negative. I have been off the pill since late October/November time, and since then my periods...

View more questions Search