Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anu_ncs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 11:49 PM
    Unable to access 198.168.0.1 on my Server
    Hi
    I am unable to access 198.168.0.1 on my Internet Server. I have already wasted several hours trying to do so.Mine is a Broadband coneection with Cable Modem. Quick response will be appreciated
    Mangudi Anuratha
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 16, 2007, 12:01 AM
    Looks like you have the wrong IP address there.
    Try 192.168.0.1 instead.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2007, 12:47 AM
    *agrees with curly*
    Dereku Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Agrees with curly a modem router ip address should begin with 192.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2007, 07:27 AM
    I agree with Curly, but partially disagree with Dereku.

The issue here is that there are public and private IP addresses. A Public Address is one directly addressable from the Internet it will be unique on the Net. Your Broadband Modem will acquire a Public IP from your cable provider. That IP will be in the range assigned to the cable company. A Private Address is NOT directly addressable and is, therefore only unique within your local LAN. One of the private ranges is 192.168.x.x. It is the most popular for use by small broadband routers. But its not the only allowable range. 10.x.x.x and 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255 are others.

Now my question is what exactly are you trying to do? What do you mean by "Internet Server". You would never use that address to access something on the Internet. If you are trying to access your router, then 192.168.0.1 is the most likely address.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

Windows Server 2003 Share Access [ 9 Answers ]

I am in the process of upgrading a peer to peer windows xp network environment to a windows server 2003 domain. My clients have windows xp pro with a third party program installed for point of sale and accounts receivable management. The program requires access to a network share folder housing the...

Unable to access cgi pages on wireless connection [ 1 Answers ]

When I use my laptop & wireless card with my friends access point I can connect to the web with out a problem. When logged into eBay viewing an item hyperlink I then try to look at the item i.e. cgi.ebay.co.uk page it fails. This does not happen when I an on dial up. Several other pages fail,...

Unable to Access Safe Mode in XP SP2 [ 6 Answers ]

I am unable to start in Safe Mode in XPSP2, either by hitting F8 during boot up or using msconfig: BOOTINI/SAFEBOOT. Start up will not enter Safe Mode, but simply returns to the start up choices each time. Because of this, when I tried the msconfig method, the PC kept cycling and I could not enter...

View more questions Search