Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danny_b Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 03:41 PM
    Orange Email on Outlook
    Hi, I got an Orange email account because I wanted to sign up to a website, but it wouldn't accept hotmail or Yahoo email addresses, so I just signed up for Orange. Now the problem is that when I try and access my emails through the Orange website, I get a message telling me the service will be unavailable until 10am on Wednesday the 22nd of November. It is now the 24th and still the same message.
    Orange says I can access my emails through outlook but for some reason when I click on send and receive email, I keep getting prompted for my 'username and passowrd' so I enter it and click OK, and after a moment the message comes back up. What can I do? The Orange website is no help at all, I don't think they have updated their help service for a few years!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2006, 03:57 PM
    Did you set up the POP3 setting in outlook?

Outlook doesn't know where to look for your email unless you tell it. First, you will need to get the incoming mail server (POP3) name and the outgoing mail server name (SMTP).

In Outlook, select TOOLS >> Email Accounts

Click Add a new e-mail account and click next. Enter all the info you have (name, email address, incoming, outgoing, username, password, etc).

Then test. If its all green checks, you should be good to go.

Nov 24, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Yes I've done all of that but still I keep getting prompted for my email and password, and it have made sure its all correct :(
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 24, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Have you checked your mail account connection settings.
    If you are using a broadband connection you need to make sure it says "connect using LAN connection" or "connect using IE's dialer" ONLY if you use dial up.
    The user name/password you are being prompted for could be for a dial yup account rather than your current connection.

Nov 24, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Ok I set it to LAN but I still get prompted for the username and password. Earlier I tried with my username as passowrd for my broaband rather than my orange email and all it did was check my broadband email account and not orange.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 24, 2006, 04:37 PM
    Have you checked the remember password box in outlook for your ornage account ?
    Have you tested the settings ?
    Can you access this account via webmail ?

What setting are you using for POP3 and SMTP servers ?
    arace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Hi, I have exactly the same issue... did you get an answer? Cheers.
    freejam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Hi,

I got access to Orange email download using Thunderbird rather than MS Outlook. Set up a new email account as follows-

Select Server settings to enter details and outgoing server to enter smtp details

Username: yourname.orangehome.co.uk Note: don't add the @fs at the end

Incoming server: pop.orangehome.co.uk

Outgoing server: smtp.orangehome.co.uk

Password: same as when you log onto Orange netmail

For some odd reason this doesn't seem to work with Outlook - but it should! Thunderbird's a nice email system - I'm jacking in MS Outlook. Best of luck.
    crispj80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 02:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by freejam
    Select Server settings to enter details and outgoing server to enter smtp details

Username: yourname.orangehome.co.uk Note: don't add the @fs at the end

Incoming server: pop.orangehome.co.uk

Outgoing server: smtp.orangehome.co.uk

Password: same as when you log onto Orange netmail
    VERY HELPFUL!

I was entering [email protected] or myusername.orangehome.co.us@fs
    Seems it doesn't need the myname or @fs bits, myusername.orangehome.co.uk fixed the problem strait away
    Many thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must hit send/rec to receive email in outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site so please bear with me as I learn. My question is: I set a friend up with a linksys router on his desktop, and set up email accts. For he and his wife, in outlook 2003 on his laptop. Laptop connects to internet fine (wirelessly), sends email automatically when...

I couldn't send and receive email from outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem to send and receive email from outlook 2003 behind a linksys router. I configured my outlook 2003 auto send & receive email in every 1 min. When outlook starts send & receive process, It would pop up a window asking me Enter Network Password. When I click OK, it keeps pop up again...

Outlook won't send email [ 0 Answers ]

Cannot access Microsoft Outlook remote email [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot get access to my Microsoft Outlook personal e-mail account so that I can view my Inbox from any Web Browser. I can log on to my personal account but cannot read my e-mail or send messages. When I click on a message nothing happens. If I just place the cursor on a email, on the bar at the...

Change font color in outlook express email [ 0 Answers ]

My Outlook Express will not let me change font color. Can you please help? Otto Greer [email protected]

View more questions Search