Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gailor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 01:03 AM
    What does the bible say about people that say mean things to you
    When some body is mean to you out of being jealous, what do you do?
    gailor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 01:06 AM
    Whe people are mean to you out of jealousy, what do you do according to the bible
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2010, 01:22 AM

Luke 6:28
    Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Romans 12:14
    Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

1 Corinthians 4:12
    We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it;
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2010, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Luke 6:28
    bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Romans 12:14
    Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

1 Corinthians 4:12
    We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it;
    That pretty well covers it. If you can't ignore them, I just say something like "I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's your problem, not mine." And then walk away.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 05:43 PM

Agreed that fairly well sums it up.
    Cindersarah Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2010, 04:45 PM
    Yeah, agreed, sums it up! However, I'd like to add... 1 Corinthians 16:13 : "Be on your guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong." Don't let someone's jealous, mean comments change who you are in God. Don't say something you'll later regret because you're fed up. Sometimes, them saying mean comments and you returning one just proves to them that you are in the same boat they are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Some people say it talks adout weed in the bible? [ 36 Answers ]

in gen. it says god gave us all the green herbs and it says it in afew other placces it also says the week use herbs alought of people tell me that weed is a herb and senses and it talks about in the bible and it grows naturley that it's not a sin that god don't mind you using it what do you think...

Why am I seeing Blk Shadows of people and things? [ 1 Answers ]

For years now I have been seeing these black shadows of people and other things but I don't know what they are? I feel like there is someone watching me?

Stiff neck people in the Bible. [ 2 Answers ]

What would be the definition of stiff neck people God is referring to in the Bible?Personality wise.

Famous people saying some really stupid things [ 2 Answers ]

“Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.” ~ Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign. - - - - - - - - - - Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: “I would not live forever,...

What can make people be untrustworthy; little or big things? [ 5 Answers ]

Urgical day: Saturday 31st in Ordinary Time Today's Gospel (Lk 16:9-15): Jesus said to his disciples, «And so I tell you: use filthy money to make friends for yourselves, so that when it fails, these people may welcome you into the eternal homes. Whoever can be trusted in little things can also...

View more questions Search