Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samm1971 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 07:53 PM
    My dog will not eat and is losing weight but is drinking water what do I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 23, 2010, 09:32 PM
    You take him to the vet... my last dog stopped eating and had cancer. It may not be serious but it may be, and it's impossible to know with that one statement or even several (age, kind of dog (some are more prone to twisted colons than others), how long it's been, does he wander free where he could eat something, any changes in food you give him, etc).
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 08:37 PM

You need to rule out any medical issues before we can start offering suggestions here. No one can see your dog so we can't diagnose him. Besides that I am sure you wouldn't want to leave your dogs life in the hands of strangers on the internet.
    rastama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 07:55 PM
    It's just that many of us don't have money at this time to go to the Vet. I spent $350. On my darling Raider no one could tell me anything from blood panel except that he might have liver cancer. When his leg filled with fluid and he started draining blood I took him in a and we realized it was a brown recluse spider bite. He's been on antibiotics but he hasn't eaten in so long I don't know what to do I can't run him back there so I called the Vet. He never called me back, because he knows I don't have money or just doesn't know what to tell me. With a billion people out there with knowledge and experience to share... well, we've GOT to help each other.
    GingieShumpert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 06:49 AM
    I can't afford a vet and my puppy want eat, he is throwing up and drinking nothing but water what should I do
    GingieShumpert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 06:50 AM
    I can't afford a vet and my puppy want eat, he is throwing up and drinking nothing but water what should I do
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 07:43 AM
    There is no way we can diagnose him. Keep him hydrated, get a thermometer and tale his temp, his he pooping blood? Is he up to date with vaccines? It could be anything from Parvo to worms and a 101 things between. I'm really sorry we can't offer more help. You may have to consider surrendering him to someone who CAN care for him financially or riskhaving him die.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat won't eat, losing weight [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, last Friday my cat was throwing up green bile was not eating or drinking and just hiding and she meowed when I picked her up, we took her to the vet she had a temperature of 106 and she had an infection so the vet gave us some antibiotics and some nutrience, slowly she started getting better...

My dog is drinking water but won't eat [ 4 Answers ]

My dog threw up once a lot and now he won't eat, he is drinking water now but only after I made him drink gator aid with a syringe now he is drinking water but hasn't eaten in 3 days what could be wrong? He is an outside dog with plenty of shade and water, also a covered porch but he prefers to...

What is wrong with a dog that won't eat and is drinking a lot of water and losing a lot [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is not eating and is losing a lot of weight and drinking a lot of water. What could be wrong with him

My dog won't eat after being ill and losing his mate [ 6 Answers ]

My mum one Sunday took the dogs for a walk, it was a hot day and they both ended up getting very sick, one died on our kitchen floor, the other was taken to the vet where we were told it was heat exhaustion. He was put on a drip and the like, since then he was been a different dog. He won't eat...

My dog is drinking water but won't eat? [ 2 Answers ]

Me dog is drinking water but won't eat what could be wrong?

View more questions Search