Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    insideman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 04:13 PM
    NO Heat in One Zone of Multiple Zone System
    The heat in our four zone house is working except for one zone. Digital Honeywell THermostat lights up when programmed, little flame picture appears and click noise is heard, just like other thermostats, but no heat in that zone. Any ideas what is wrong or how to fix. Thanks
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 05:23 PM

Forced air or boiler system?
    insideman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Boiler system
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 11:26 PM
    Could be
    Air in the line.
    Defective zone valve or power head.
    Low water pressure in system
    Defective relay to activate pump

Check out all of these then post back.
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 12:49 PM

What type of zone valves do you have. Taco, Honeywell? There should be a lever on the zone valve that will allow you to manually open the valve. Turn a thermostat up in a portion of the house that is getting heat, then manually open the zone valve to the part of the house that isn't getting heat. Let me know what you find, and we will take it from there.
    LRoscoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 08:06 PM
    @mygirlsdad77
    I'm having the same problem as stated above, I have FHW gas w/ Taco, when I open the valve manually and turn up the other thermostat, I get heat all through, though I am hearing air in the system and trying to bleed it out. I can't get the second zone to work on it's own.
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 22, 2010, 03:57 PM

Sounds like you need replace the taco valve head assembly, and possibly the internals of the valve body, or just replace the complete zone vavle and you should be set.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 zone oil heat, 2nd zone runs 1st zone [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 2 zone oil burner. The 1st zone (upstairs) runs separately and works no problem. The 2nd zone(basment), when we try to run 2nd zone separately , it seems to run zone 1(upstairs) and the baseboard heating upstairs gets hot and heats zone 1 even thought we have the t-stat set low...

2 Zone Heating System [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 zone hot water, gas heating system in my home (1 heater, 2 zones). When the temprature drops below 35 degrees, hot water does not cycle through my 2nd floor heating zone. The zones works fine when its above 35, but when its below not hot water circulates thorught the zoen. My 1st...

2 T-tstats... 1 System... no zone... [ 1 Answers ]

I have a customer trying to get 2 thermostats one for up and then down for one hp system... the problem is house is finished and she has a heat pump system.. We have talked with just turn one off when heat season or cooling is in... vice versa... but not real professional. Curious if anyone had any...

Two zone system? [ 3 Answers ]

I am intending on replacing my 50+ years old gravity furnace. This may appear straightforward, however I have an in-law apartment in the basement that I rent which needs upgrading. Currently I have a gas wall heater there, but according to current San Francisco codes, I cannot just replace it with...

Carrier or Honeywell Zone System? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a 2700sqft home that is two stories half of that is upstairs and half down. I have a 4 year old 5 ton all in one AC/Heat unit and only one return in the house which is downstairs. I have been getting estimates on getting a second return put in upstairs along with a zone system...

View more questions Search