Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newman12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Popping heating ducts
    I hear popping and creaking in my heating ducts,what are some remidies to fix this?thanks:)
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Are you sure this is the ducts and not the heat exchanger. It is difficult to describe how to fix. There is a methode called cross-breaking that should have been done when ducts where installed. I sometimes have used a piece of metal used in HVAC work called s-lock to reinforce the portions of duct that pop. Poor filters can cause problems too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ducts too big? [ 2 Answers ]

I am setting up some HVAC Zones in my home. I bought the motorized dampers and the bypass dampers. I did not take a scientific approach and just guessed at the size of the ducts/dampers based on what was there. That is if the "zone" had one sized, I added a "feeder" duct 2-3 inches bigger. Now I am...

Rattling noise in heating ducts [ 1 Answers ]

After I have turned the heater on and it warms up and the air starts to flow through the ducts there is an aweful rattling noise coming from the ducts. There is warm air coming out. Is something loose or do I need to call out a professional. Thank you, Mimi

Cleaning AC Ducts... [ 0 Answers ]

I had my air ducts cleaned out professionally 4 years ago when I bought my house. I watched the guy clean it with a rotating brush (about 4 inches diameter) hooked up to a vacumn cleaner. It was maybe about 10-15 feet long and he pushed it up in to each vent. Has anyone attempted to try and...

View more questions Search